Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
EvanK
My Device: Bold

Re: Bold will not charge / turn on, battery already replaced

Bifocals - these units have a 2 year guarantee - so just take it back to the retailer and ask for it to be fixed.  They will give you a "new" reconditioned unit - which will fail in the same way just when you need it most - like 2 days into a 12 day overseas business trip.  My fourth free issue has just done this. Maybe we can set up a class action to sue the **bleep**ers who make this unit. Chaars EvanK

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EvanK
My Device: Bold

Amazing - on about the 20th try (batter removal & replacement whilst plugged in to charger) it all worked and my Bold 9000 rebooted and came back to life. However, based on previous experience, I have little faith that it will keep working for the remainder of this trip. Also - not many people would have persisted for so long.  Cheers Evan

Please use plain text.
pertti
My Device: Not Specified

I cant believe that this is possible! I have been using Nokia over 10 years and there is nothing as stupid as this problem in those phones. It don´t matter that how low is your battery in Nokia, it will always start to charge it immediately and also you can turn it on. Too bad that I have to use this BB because of my work... I miss my N8!

Please use plain text.
peterevans43
My Device: storm

Dissapointed that no one has a solution. My BB charges sometimes, just enough to give me hope that all is well. I go thorugh the same ritual, take the battery out put it back restart try and charge. It usually takes about 4 attempts.

Please use plain text.
w_ho_m
My Device: 8520, 9000, 9700

Had the same problem  (cannot turn on and charge with red light ON for a while -10-15second) but just gave a try the followings:

1, Plug the (wall) power cable to the handset with no battery (light status: Fixed Red ON)   

2. Press and holding the power (red) button  (light status: Fixed Red ON)

3. Still pressing the power button after 3 - 5 seconds, put the battery in (light status: Fixed Red ON)

4. After the battery in, keep pressing the power button until red light of (light status: Fixed Red)

5. This is the key.... wait until the handset reboot. Otherwise, restart step no 1

6. After the OS reboot/restart, turn off the handset by pressing the power button  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF)

7. Wait for few hours with the handset is power off, until the battery is fully charged  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF) 

When I tried, the charging took longer, however you can check the charging progress by turn the handet ON (in menu Option-Status), but dont forget to turn it OFF again.

I just tried once and when the handset is successfully charging, I immidiately share the good news with you guys 

Not sure, whether my solution above will solve the main issue/problem for ever.  

At least, you are able to back up your data

Good Luck anyway

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christySF
My Device: BOLD9000

After working on my BOLD for about 20 hours,it's back to life finally.So I'd like to share the resolution with whoever suffer from this same problem and hope it will help.

I am not a original Englisher-speaker and English is not my first language;so what I can do now is to list out exactly how I fixed it with simple words.All I want to do is to HELP ,so NO COARSE LANGUAGE,PLZ.

This resolution is recommended when you have cellphone problems as follow:

1.Software error 523;

2.Cellphone cannot be turned on with normal operation;

3.Upgrade the operating system from 4.6 to 5.0.

Preparations:

1.Download a Blackberry Destop Manager and run;make sure it's installed under default drive C.

2.Go to www.down.maxpda.com / input your cell model number  and search for applicable ROM / download & run; the link for my bold http://down.maxpda.com/blackberry/74421.html;

3.Delete the file "Vendor.xml" from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christySF

RESOLUTION:

Step 1.

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
Make sure you see the file "Loader.exe" and the file "vendor.xml" has been deleted.

001.jpg

Step 2

Double click "Loader.exe" and you will see as follow:

002.jpg

Don't worry about the Language issue because before the software starts to run,it will always let you choose your preferred Language.
Mealwhile,you are suggested to take out the battery from your cellphone and just put it aside for later usage.

Step 3.:

Click on "Next " and you will see this:

003.jpg 

Step 4: IMPORTANT

Connect your cellphone (without the battery) to your computer with USB wire.

Click the "Next" and you'll see as below:

004.jpg
If nothing shows,you can go back to the Previous and repeat this process till you see your cellphone is connected.

Step 5:

It's OK to plug the usb wire out and in repeatedly till you see certain USB-PIN number shows;and it's doesn't matter it shows as number or unknow.

Now you can click "Next" and you may need to wait for a while till you see next instruction frame.

005.jpg

Step 6:

Luckily you will come to this instruction frame.

(When I was porcessing this part,a frame actually shows up with TWO system option for me to choose,I didn't choose the operation system currently installed in my cell phone,but a LOWER VERSION instead,because I thought all these problems happened because the current OS has gone wrong.Besides,OS can be upgraded with Blackberry Desktop anyway.)

006.jpg

All the contents shown here are actually the program you'd like to installed in your cellphone.Therefore you can choose whichever you think you may need and then click "Next"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christySF

Step 7:

If everything goes well,this frame will show and remind you to complete this installation by clicking "Finish".Just do click on it.

007.jpg

Step 8:

And now we come to the most important part:Removing the current OS from your cellphone and UPDATE it with a new one.While the program is processing,please INSERT THE BATTERY BACK INTO THE PHONE without pluging out the USB wire.008.jpg

All the things you can do from now is Waiting:waiting for this programmed to be completed,waiting for your phone to be re-activated,wait for your black berry to self-operate for 5 minuts or longer.

Then you know your favorite BB is on its way back.

Good luck to everyone!

Please use plain text.
lisalisalisa123
My Device: Blackberry 9000

I have had the exact same problem this morning, i woke up and my blackberry was off. the red led light did come on when i plugged it into my wall charger and sometimes switched to a dim recharging screen.  but i remember that it had a full battery the night before. all i did was fiddle around and remove the sim card/insert the sim card, remove and insert the battery and just try again. after inserting the battery for the second or third time the white screen with the loading symbol appeared, and my blackberry started again. it came up with a few popups stating that there were some system errors and it says that my battery was at 0%.

I'm so pleased its working now, i've only had it for a few months and the person who gave it to me has had it for years. 

thanks for all the great help and suggestions! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cyrous2
My Device: Not Specified

Hi there ,
Same problem but not visa usb , just automatically went off when my battery was more that half charge , haven't had bb ap on my mobile buts since I install it faced to this problem ? What should I do ?
Thanks
Please use plain text.