Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cyrous2
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold will not charge / turn on, battery already replaced

Hi ,
Where Loader exe ?I have so many loader with dill on app loader but not exe one !!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cyrous2
My Device: Not Specified

Hello Isalisa ,
So all I have to do juts remove the battery and sim card and again re install battery and sim card ! Right ?
Waiting for ur reply .
Thank you
Please use plain text.
h_nbold9000
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

I've been using my blackberry bold 9000 for over 2 years up to now without much issues. I usually charge the battery before the battery dies. However, over the last weekend I couldn't, and when I tried to power up the device since it didn't start, I plugged it in to the wall charger and witnessed the same symptoms raised by you. I.e.. Red light on for about 10-15 seconds, then it goes off for about 10-15 seconds and comes up again - only to repeat itself. But the phone doesn't start up.

After reading quite a few posts with regards to this issue, it seems that the problem is quite common. Your suggestion seems to offer hope for me to revive the phone, but POINT 4 is NOT CLEAR. Appreciate if you could clarify a bit further.

Thanking you in advance.

Please use plain text.
MickWyong
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: optus

w_ho_m, you are a dead set legend, thank you this worked.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
nalfeindo
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Polish - Era TakTak

w_ho_m is totally spot on! I registered here specifically to tell you guys that IT WORKS! 

Lemme quote it here - to increase the exposure of this MIRACULOUS technique to the internets:

w_ho_m wrote:

Had the same problem  (cannot turn on and charge with red light ON for a while -10-15second) but just gave a try the followings:

1, Plug the (wall) power cable to the handset with no battery (light status: Fixed Red ON)   

2. Press and holding the power (red) button  (light status: Fixed Red ON)

3. Still pressing the power button after 3 - 5 seconds, put the battery in (light status: Fixed Red ON)

4. After the battery in, keep pressing the power button until red light of (light status: Fixed Red)

5. This is the key.... wait until the handset reboot. Otherwise, restart step no 1

6. After the OS reboot/restart, turn off the handset by pressing the power button  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF)

7. Wait for few hours with the handset is power off, until the battery is fully charged  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF) 

When I tried, the charging took longer, however you can check the charging progress by turn the handet ON (in menu Option-Status), but dont forget to turn it OFF again.

I just tried once and when the handset is successfully charging, I immidiately share the good news with you guys 

Not sure, whether my solution above will solve the main issue/problem for ever.  

At least, you are able to back up your data

Good Luck anyway

After completing step 4 - I had to go back to 1 several times (about 5) - but it eventually worked. On 6th attempt - it finally rebooted! 

Good luck guys!

(Oh - and btw - BlackBerry sucks. Never ever again. iPhone seems to be the way to go. Or Android. **bleep** - even Nokia with it's thoroughly annoying Symbian OS!)

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

yea, wait until you have a problem with your iPhone or Droid and see how fun it is then.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
jcpokinatcha
My Device: Curve 9300 and Bold 9000
My Carrier: Bell and Rogers

I just signed up to say the same

No lie... worked for me too...

After inserting the battery, i had to hold the power button for 30-45 seconds. 

but its up and charging now.

-Jeremy

Please use plain text.
Rico1961
My Carrier: KPN

Just signed in to thank the contributors such as JSanders,  w_ho_m and others.

I suffered this problem with my Bold 9000 too. Unfortunately the suggestions with putting in the battery while pushing the power button didn't solve it for me.

Here's what I did to finally get the BB to life again.

1st try. Fully drained battery (appr. 2months without loading). Connected the BB mains adapter (5v, 500mA). LED turned solid red, turned off after a minute, white screen with battery and flash bolt for a few seconds and unit turns completely dead again, just to stay that way. A familiar sight to many of you, but I went a bit further.

While this happened I measured the battery voltage (outer two points of the four) while in the phone. With the LED solid red I measured appr. 2.5V DC. With the 'zapped battery' screen it was appr. 4.5V DC. After that the voltage dropped to almost 0V, so no charging whatsoever with the adapter attached !

2nd try. Tried something else. Attached a slightly less powerful Mains adapter (5v, 400mA). LED solid red, which turned off after a minute. No white screen with battery and flash bolt appeared. After appr. 5 seconds the LED turned solid red again, just to repeat the sequence. Other than that the BB remained dead. Trying to switch on didn't work.

When measuring the battery while in the BB, I measured appr. 2.5V, just as long as the LED was on (red). Since this meant the battery was loading a bit, I left it for the day. Unfortunately nothing changed. The battery remained dead, as well as the BB. Couldn't switch it back to life.

3rd try. Attached the BB to a USB port, the PC immediately! recognized the 'dead' unit as a Blackberry. (Hmm, thats odd. The unit was 'dead', wasn't it?). After connecting, the LED turned solid red and stayed that way continuously. Again, battery voltage was appr. 2.5V. Left it for the day (again), to find that this also didn't solve the problem. No charge in the battery, and BB still dead without any response to the power-on button.

Someone suggested that the charging electronics in the BB might not be powerful enough to charge a fully drained battery. As long as the LED is on it tries to charge. My battery was too far gone to 'accept' the charge.

Other PDA's don't mind a dead battery. As long as you connect it to an external power source it works. A BB apparently not.:smileysad:

Here's how I got it working again.

With the above in mind, and the trigger of this strange behavior (drained batt) I took the battery out and charged it externally on the outer two battery connections to the point where I measured a solid 3.6V with the charger switched off . I placed the battery back in the BB, attached the BB adapter also (LED turned red) and after a few seconds it started up again (rotating hour hand on small clock).:Clap: (LED turns off).

After loading I tested all functions, and as far as I can see, It works fine again. Although I externally charged to 3.6V, the battery indicator on the BB screen just showed 2 out of 5 blocks. The battery is charging further in the unit now.

In my humble opinion you need a sufficiently charged battery to get the BB 9000 working again. Bear in mind that new batteries are normally not charged.

I hope someone can take advantage from my experiences!

Please use plain text.
vikramkolluru
My Carrier: ATT

I HAVE A SOLUTION !!!!

1. I held down the power button.

2. Connected power from wall outlet.

3. Red solid LED turned ON. Screen Blank.

4. I continued to hold down the power button and counted for 60 sec when the LED turned OFF and in a few seconds the Battery charging symbol appeared.

5. This stayed for about 30 sec and screen went blank. The Red LED re appeared.

6. I continued to hold down the power button. 

7. I noticed that steps 3 to 5 cycled again and again, the difference was that the time duration was less than the previous cycle. 

8. So after 4 minutes, the Red solid LED was ON only for 5 seconds and a white screen appeared prompting for SW reload. (There is a possibility here that the cellophane may just reboot to home screen. You will now only need to recharge the battery longer)

9. At this point I did what the Chinese guy described earlier in this forum. 

10. Connected the blackberry to the PC. 

11. Opened Loader.exe.

12. Followed prompts. It took 2-3 times for the application to realize that the device is already connected to the PC. (Drivers took a while to install)

13. It prompted for all the applications that I need to be reinstalled and I clicked in the check boxes.

14. Click Finish and it goes through its chores.

15. Cell rebooted. As we all know these BBs take a while to reboot even in normal conditions. 

16. Now my BB works as normal.

This may not be THE solution. But this worked for me. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
X_Marks_The_Spot
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

(Yes, I know this post is old... But I need answers)

Okay... So here is the story of my problem. My Blackberry Bold 9000 one night was on at least 75%. I went to bed, and plugged it up on the charger. The weird thing is, it reset while it plugged up. It reset, and turned back on, and said it was charging. The next morning I wake up to see that there was at least 25% of battery on my phone. There apparently was no charging done on my phone. So, I tried to plug it up to several locations throughout my house to charge it, and even my car. I even used a different battery. The same thing happened on these occasions, instead of resetting, my Blackberry lit up with the Red LED for about a minute and then the Empty batter with the Red X appeared. I come back around 3:00 or so that afternoon to see that my phone would not turn on. Same results, same effect. Red X of the empty battery.

Here is my actual problem: Every time I plug my Blackberry into a USB wall charger, its native wall charger, or a CPU, It gives me the 60 seconds of Red LED and then the Red X Battery of death. Even without the battery in it, it does the same. This appears to me to be a software, hardware, or OS problem. Because I tried two batteries, the batteries do not seem to the problem.

HOWEVER, I have tried the two solutions listed on this topic. The one by w_ho_m and the one by cristySF.

For w_ho_m's solution.

Had the same problem  (cannot turn on and charge with red light ON for a while -10-15second) but just gave a try the followings:

1, Plug the (wall) power cable to the handset with no battery (light status: Fixed Red ON)   

2. Press and holding the power (red) button  (light status: Fixed Red ON)

3. Still pressing the power button after 3 - 5 seconds, put the battery in (light status: Fixed Red ON)

4. After the battery in, keep pressing the power button until red light of (light status: Fixed Red)

5. This is the key.... wait until the handset reboot. Otherwise, restart step no 1

6. After the OS reboot/restart, turn off the handset by pressing the power button  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF)

7. Wait for few hours with the handset is power off, until the battery is fully charged  (light status: Blinking  Amber & Green ON/OFF) 

When I tried, the charging took longer, however you can check the charging progress by turn the handet ON (in menu Option-Status), but dont forget to turn it OFF again.

I just tried once and when the handset is successfully charging, I immidiately share the good news with you guys 

Not sure, whether my solution above will solve the main issue/problem for ever.  

At least, you are able to back up your data

Good Luck anyway

I would keep repeating steps 1-5, and nopthing would happen. I would wait 60 seconds for the Red LED to go away, while still holding the power button. And every time, I would still get the same result: The red X of death.

As for cristySF's solution (It is too long to post here): I get the app loader started with the vendor file removed. There was, however, itt read my USB Pin and went to the next step, but I looked under "Application Name" and this is the message verbatum. "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device software for the device that you have connected to your computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Help, please.

Please use plain text.