Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
biff72
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: sasktel

Bold9900

using ear buds on my Bold9900, sound only comes out on one side.  

I tried tinkering with options but failed. I'm pretty certain the bold is in stereo.

Can you share some knowledge?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Bold9900

May not be the solution, but had the same issue this afternoon with my BB Playbook, (I also have a 9900) I found that you must push the connector fully into the socket and ensure it is tight, if it isn't it will only play from one ear piece. (Same happens with my ipod.)

Good luck. 

( Just tried it on a 9900 music will only play through both earpieces if pushed fully in.)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
biff72
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: sasktel

I tried your advice. double checked the connections and all was good. but still sound on one side.

Here is an interesting thing. I had my both my ear buds in and as I was pushing the connector in, about 3/4

of the way in, I had sound in both sides but I had to hold the connector in that position. Keeping in mind I just bought new ear buds for smartphones and my Bold is new. Maybe connector is too long???

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

I believe the connection for the earphones is not that good and I think that is why I changed to the ipod. Presumably if the phone is new it would have come with BB own, if it did do those work ok? I do recall with mine I did have to twist and turn the connector until both sides worked. If all else fails it could be worthwhile speaking to where you bought it, just in case it is faulty. Sorry, can't think of anything else at the moment.
Please use plain text.