Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Brand NEW blackberry bold that wont allow me to hear calls

I have a blackberry bold that i have just got brand new.

It was working fine yesterday and today i installed new software 7.1 and now I cannot hear any calls i recieve but I can hear them if I put the phone on loudspeaker.

Please help??

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Brand NEW blackberry bold that wont allow me to hear calls

Hi and welcome to the forums Somz! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101 Tips & Tricks

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

Pull the battery out with the device ON. Wait about a minute and put the battery back in. Let the BB completely restart (no data transfer arrows) and see if that doesn't help. Clears out the memory and refreshes the BB; like rebooting your pc.  It's a good habit to get into when you install a new OS and/or a new app. When you have anomalous behavior in your BB a battery pull often helps to clear it up too.

Post back and let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Somz and it looks like the solution of pulling out the battery while having the device on works. However, it's really annoying having to do this and I've already missed some important calls...what can I do so that I don't miss calls in the future without having to take the battery out because really, how often am I going to remember to do that? Will there be any other solutions for this in the future? I really want to support a Canadian company so lets get these issues fixed.

Thanks,

Ryan

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Hi,
Thanks for that tip, I have tried this over and over but I still cannot hear any callers when they ring.

The phone is brand new so I don't understand what the issue could be.