Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
simon_a6
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Brand New 9900 Application Storage Error

No worries.
I think I know the answer, as I think it's been kind dealt with.

We all have our views on this.
My view is - that it's a major flaw probably in the OS, that drains the App Storage level, and thus it does as has been said.

For some, a reboot each day is fine.
For me, that is a workaround for a major flaw. Or bug.
And while it's an easy workaround, it should not be there at all, and think I'd prefer to have a phone that did not have this kind of problem in the first place.

Some are happy to stick with it, and keep putting a plaster on each day. I prefer to not need a plaster each and every single day.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

simon_a6 wrote:
On the scheduling front - can the device be auto scheduled to reboot??? Or is it always a manual thing? If one must reboot in order not to eventually lose data!

I'll reply to you, but not knowing if I am going to be yelled at?

There are several tools that allow you trigger on a scheduled basis, something alike to the battery pull.

I have two that come in mind:

To add to your ire, I have read that such reboots are not as efficient as a battery pull. Don't slap my face, please.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

Thanks, I will look at both. As they could be run in the very early hours.
I'm not really yelling, I'm just rather stunned that people think a flaw like this is just the norm and fine.

The 'garbage' comparison is non-relational, because it is something normal. It is not a flaw of a household.

I will let you know what happens with either of these Apps - just hope they don't suck out the memory storage even faster in the day and require two reboots per day.

As that frankly, will be a total joke!!! (still not yelling..... but am looking at alternative phones...)
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

simon_a6 wrote:

I think I know the answer, as I think it's been kind dealt with.

:Shifty:

Simon, you've just put off two very helpful guys here.

The other two are probably gonna scroll back, read and reassess also.

I dunno. Try Crackberry, they can be a super friendly lot over there.

Cheers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I'd still like to know where anyone said its normal or fine. Its a problem. We deal with it. Its annoying to those of us who experience it. I still like my BlackBerry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

All are helpful. I think maybe some here are much more tolerant to these OS7 bugs than I am. I get worked up by them, and moreso when someone just thinks "it's normal, we use emails, so what? reboot once or twice a day".

Bottom line, we should not have to. And yes, I think I know the answer, as it has been said here. Tho that was a theory, hence "think".
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No different than the annoying people I deal everyday.

I just do it.

And look forward to dealing with the pleasurable ones.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

simon_a6 wrote:
...Bottom line, we should not have to....

I don't think anyone here disagrees with this.  Shall we all just turn in our BlackBerrys now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

Hahaha. Well if you feel that you should "have to", then that's lovely for you.

Back to the helpful person that posted the Apps to schedule a reset - I've installed QuickPull, and scheduled for early hours.

So will now leave phone alone, and see what happens. And check the level in the morning.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

simon_a6 wrote:
Hahaha. Well if you feel that you should "have to", then that's lovely for you.

Do you even read the posts?  NOBODY disagrees that we shouldn't have to reboot daily in order to not lose stuff.  None of us like it.  We just do it because it's necessary. 

Two choices.  Deal with it (in some way) or move to another device.  Personally, I'm moving to BB10 next week (I hope!)

Please use plain text.