Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Brand new 2013 US model or used 2011 Europe model?

I purchased the BlackBerry Bold 9900 Unlocked Phone for a client in China from a seller on Amazon a month ago, the IMEI is 358566041635507. It's in brand new sealed box and the buyer told me no need to open the box for further check on the phone. However, now the buyer received the phone, claim the phone is not brand new US model, he said by checking the IMEI, the phone actually is old 2011 Europe model and the phone hass been used for 3 hours 8 minutes 14 seconds talk time, the data usage been over 1G! And deal pixels on the screen, charging port not working etc... I could not believe on what he claimed, but do not know where to check those information officially, could you please check to at least confirm this IMEI belongs to brand new 2013 US model or 2011 Europe model?

Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Brand new 2013 US model or used 2011 Europe model?

Hello iecwillow

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

iecwillow wrote:

phone hass been used for 3 hours 8 minutes 14 seconds talk time, the data usage been over 1G! And deal pixels on the screen, charging port not working etc... I could not believe on what he claimed, but do not know where to check those information officially, 

Within your device you can check that , for that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Device and Status Information > On that screen type BUYR , Scroll down under heading Buyer's Remorse you'll be able to Data Usage and also Voice Usage.

Also on your Homescreen if you press and hold  alt + aA^ + H it will pop up a screen which will show phone details , look for the Vendor ID .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Thank you. However, the most improtant thing now is how to official check if the phone is 2013 US model or 2011 Europe model by IMEI. For data usage and voice usage, I do not know if that's really useful part to tell if the phone is new or used one, unless the detail date information for usage can be found as well.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

iecwillow wrote:

For data usage and voice usage, I do not know if that's really useful part to tell if the phone is new or used one, 

unless the detail date information for usage can be found as well

Hi there,

That is Indeed helpful , That Buyer's remorse will always be there on any BlackBerry , But yes it won't show the detail date from which it was used .

iecwillow wrote:

However, the most improtant thing now is how to official check if the phone is 2013 US model or 2011 Europe model by IMEI.

What do you see for Vendor ID ? Use that vendor ID and search if that is from any US Carrier or Europe.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.