Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
ffmydays
My Device: 9650

Broken network very serious!!!

Blackberry OS 5.0 or 6.0 with that break the nets very serious, phone and texting function normal, third-party software do not have access to the Internet, need to restart can, appear frequency is very high.

Blackberry OS 5.0 or 6.0 with that break the nets very serious, phone and texting function normal, third-party software do not have access to the Internet, need to restart can, appear frequency is very high.Did you have this kind of situation? Welcome everyone to discuss!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Broken network very serious!!!

Huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Developer
ffmydays
My Device: 9650

Nobody know?

Contributor
moshpit21
My Device: 9000;9780;9800

Maybe you can elaborate more about the problem.

New Contributor
jeffpeh
My Device: 9800

I have noticed that upon switching between wifi hotspots (or sources), my internet connectivity seems to be broken after some time (haven't measured the exact amount of time before it breaks).

For example:

I'm connected with work wifi, and I have access to the internet - via BB App World app, BB Web Browser, Tweeter.

I go home and got connected to home wifi

after some time, I lose my internet connection from BB

And this is what I noticed:

- Most 3rd party apps have broken internet connection

- BB Web browser still have access to internet

- BB YouTube app still have access to internet

- BB App World app - no access to internet

- Tweeter app - no access to internet.

The only solution is to have the phone reset with a battery pull or reinstall some app.

This scenario have been tested and I'm able to reproduce everytime.