Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ElWrobel
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Play

Browser emulation on 7.1

Hello everyone! I know there's automatic browser selection on 7.1, but is there any way to force the browser to show full sites? I can't top up my Paypal account through my bank web page because it keeps moving me to the mobile site,breaking connection. Also I would preffer to have full sites when there's no flash because I simply hate the mobile sites : D So is there any way to bypass the automatic selection or am I left at the mercy of my browser? And if so,does anybody know if RIM is planning to bring back this feature?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz

Re: Browser emulation on 7.1

goto the options of the browser , under web content select load images

ElWrobel

I always had it ticked,doesn't solve the problem
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

ElWrobel wrote:

I can't top up my Paypal account through my bank web page

hello,

what does this sentence mean? What do you do from your bank web page?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElWrobel

When you do an instant top up or sth like that,I'm not sure what it's called in english,it takes you to the bank,specified earlier,to do a transfer to Blue Media,at least that's how it is in Poland,I guess that in different countries there will be a different operator.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know how to help you. Here is what I see on my 9900 :

if I use my browser and go to https://www.paypal.com/ I have the full website (not the mobile one).

can you see what is the URL that your bank redirects you to? Maybe the issue is on your bank's way of redirecting you to PayPal.

I also advise you to give a look at the PayPal app for 9900, it may help you achieve your actions more easily.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElWrobel

Yeah,Paypal is in full mode and it redirects me to my bank's full page,however when I try to log into my account it automatically redirects me to the mobile site,thus breaking the connection with paypal,that is lack of automatic filling of the transfer form and all that. Besides,that's not the real issue,I'd just like to have web pages load in full iterations,not the mobile ones. Sure,some you can switch to full,but some you cannot. So,for example,I'd like the wikia pages to load in full versions from the start,not after I choose that I want the full site. Hope that's clear enough : D
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

well, you're talking to someone who is staying on OS5 for his BES device to master the browser mode :smileyhappy:

I agree with you, I can only tell you to tweak your bookmarks to have the explicit URLs for the full websites.

or use Opera Mini.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElWrobel

Guess I'll be forced to do so. Btw,there's no paypal app for 7.1 or 9900,at least not in my country : D
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

you are absolutely right :
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/5215

the 9900 is not part of the compatible phones. I have just sent an email to their support (right column), I advise you to do the same on your side.

Please use plain text.