Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Nevgrad
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T moblie

Browser

I have a 9700 that I updated to os6 with no problems,  then a newer version of os 6 came out and I updated through the desktop program and since then my blackberry browser will not connect using wifi.  I also use opera mini and it has no problem connecting . I need the blackberry  browser to work so I can agree to certain wifi networks, or I need a way to make the opera mini the default.

thanks for  your help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Browser

OS6 changed to an "automated" system for the default browser. You cannot set the default browser manually. If it were me, I'd downgrade the 9700 back to OS5. OS6 uses too much memory on the 9700 and is not a recommended upgrade for the 9700.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Let's try a few standard remedies that might help you with your issue.

First, remove your phone's battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Next, if you have your home Wi-Fi network saved in your phone's list, delete it then re-add it.  You'll also want to reboot your wireless router as well.

Try those simple steps and let us know if any of them help you.  If you can't connect after trying those suggestions, it's good to know that Opera mini will connect when the BlackBerry brower will not.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

John_Clark wrote:
If it were me, I'd downgrade the 9700 back to OS5. OS6 uses too much memory on the 9700 and is not a recommended upgrade for the 9700.

I concur with John; I've never recommended OS 6 on a 9700.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Nevgrad

already did all that and still nothing.  I even reloaded the old version of os6 and still have the same issue.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Reload OS5. Trust me. OS6 is a hog for the 9700. If you want OS6 get a 9780. Once you go back to OS5 you can set the default browser to wifi/hotspot and be back in business. The automated system in OS6 gives problems just like the one you're having.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Nevgrad

Thanks I will, I am just tired of fighting it
Please use plain text.