Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
savin1319
My Device: blackberry 9900

CANT SET UP EMAIL

hi. I have new blackberry 9900. I am trying to set up everything. i noticed that i dont have or maybe i did something wrong along the way because i cant set up my email. I already tried the integrate thing that i saw here in the forums and my email address was successfully integrated but when i tried to compose an email it says it doest have any message services configured and asked me to be redirected to the set up wizard then i chose ok and it stayed stuck in select type of email account i want to set up and no options at all... What should i do?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: CANT SET UP EMAIL

You MUST have a proper BlackBerry data plan with your service provider in order for email to work. Do you have a BB data plan?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Resend the service books to your phone.  That should resolve the problem.

To do this, on your homescreen follow Setup>Email Accounts>(Menu Key)>Service Books>>Send Service Books.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
savin1319
My Device: blackberry 9900

That is my problem i dont have the email account options under set up.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That means you probably don't have the proper BB data plan. Contact your wireless service provider and see if they can add a BlackBerry BIS Data Plan to your account. That's the only way to get email working on a BlackBerry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!