Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

robinsethi
My Device: BOLD 9790

COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

Just bought a Bold 9790 which is claimed has a standby of 17 days and a talktime of 5.2 hrs.

The battery with all setting of display being at the lowest and with the wifi and bluetooth being off is hardly 2-3 hrs.

In fact after charging to maximum in 5 hrs with ZERO usage the battery shows a reduction of one bar. This is really pathetic since my last BB used to last around 1.5 days.

Anyone have a solution or should i start to spread the word on all forums social as well as professional so that the world knows and people stop investing in a phone that would be useful for 5 yr olds?

As a working professional the battery backup is bad and with travel there's always tension on when it will die. Also after a 10 minute discussion on the phone the back cover gets heated up. Wonder wether it'll explode!

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

Hey robinsethi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Battery life can vary depending on usage. This article should help to maximize battery power: http://t.co/kxfwdfu

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

BettyCoco
My Device: Bold 9790

Hi there, 

I am having exactly the same trouble. I got My Bold 9790 at the start of the week after having a curve for the last two years. The Battery on the Bold is draining so quickly and had completely died by early afternoon today after being fully charged thismorning and minimal useage. My old curve's battery used to last a day easily and could be pushed for 1.5  to even 2 days if need be, but I cannot rely on the bold to be there when i need it.  as soon as i unplug it i loose a bar of power!

I have also noted  as you have that it gets very hot quickly when in use. Im going to pop back to the shop as soon as i can to see if they can offer any solutions! 

ill post any findings for you!

Betty

Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Heat = malfunctioning Power Management IC. Hardware problem.. Recommend replacement of phone.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

New Contributor
sien0001
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

For some reason my family and I decided that it would be a good idea to get these Blackberry Bold 9790(s) on a family plan through Rogers, but now all three are having battery issues! Rogers replaced one at the point of sale as out of the box after two days of usage the battery would not hold a half a day of charge. My phone is now in the same state, I have to log a USB cable with me everywhere to charge this disaster of a device ( might as well get a landline ). 

Rogers support is not offering to do anything about this as there is no official recall or notice of fault. If anyone is having the same issue as I am can you please comment so that we can get critical mass needed to have RIM admit there is a problem with their devices? 

RIM is there a problem with the battery life on these phones? I have gone through and performed the suggested configurations as per the link provided, still no improvement. 

Man I wish I had an HTC or an iPhone... you live you learn I suppose. 

Malcolmriz

Just bought a bold 9790 one for myself and one for my wife horrible battery this phone has gets discharged in 4 hrs without even proper usage worst blackberry battery ever even if you upgrade the software version it doesn't make a difference to it never faced such a bad experience with any of my earlier blackberry even with battery saver program it just drains and phone gets hot with a temp of 109 deg as per battery pro any one has a solution or should I contact authorities and file a official complaint
New Contributor
sien0001

Sorry to hear you are having problems as well Malcolmriz; have you noticed that even though it states that it has 3G connection the actual network connection is not available? For the past week I have had problems where I now have to turn off the headset to get the network connection to go through; very agitating as I need my e-mails in a timely manner! The heat of the device is starting to bother me too, very uncomfortable to hold this thing to my head for 5 minute conversation even. 

Is anyone from RIM actually going to respond to these complaints on their forum? This is very frustrating that there is a problem with these devices and the Blackberry support doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to the complaints. 

Argh!!!!!

heerak

I have been using the Bold 9790, which happens to be my first blackberry. After having used my father's Bold 9780, I felt this was a worth buy, but considering the issues this device is giving me, it just a disgrace.
Its been 5 months since I bought it, and at times when I put it on charge, instead of getting charged, the phone just starts heating real bad.

Further the battery is very ineffective in proving itself to be a RIM product. Mine discharges with half a day of use, of basically texting.
I dont have a 3G switched, work on EDGE only with all other wireless connections off, but still this issues persists. It would be nice to have a Blackberry Rep seriously look into this matter. Its high time. 

Contributor
araucken
My Device: Playbook 64GB

I've got to agree with a lot of the contributors, the battery life of my 9790 is lousy.  A few texts and emails (no large downloads) during a conference last week and the bbry battery was completely dead after 8 hours.  My earlier Bold didn't have this trouble.  Is this a common problem ?  Beginning to waonder if i need to buy a spare battery !

New Contributor
Geministar14

I have the same issues. I just bought my 9790 not 2 days ago. I've charged it almost the entire 2 days and it stays at 95% charged. I used it the other day thinking it would last all day but died within a few hours :smileysad: My curve 3G would last me 2-3 days of battery life but finally died out on me. I was told the 9790 would be better, but this battery life sucks.