Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

doy
Visitor
doy
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: PCCW

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

i have the same problems . the battery can't last for 7 hrs ,i do browsing for one hour , e-mails , a few short calls , whatsapp , that's all i did. and it get heated up after one call or downloaded 2 apps . i firstly thought that the handheld got problem then i changed the handheld twice and found out that is normal on the 9790 ,all handhelds had the same problem . the one i am using now once got problem when i answer the call which i heard nothing on the phone but it fixed after reboot !! what a rubbish phone .

i need to have my portable charger with me all the time .what's the point to have a lighter handheld with a portable charger !!

My 9700 battery last for a day at least with the same thing i did as above or even longer time browsing on internet !

RIM should do something about this !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
r0winms
My Carrier: 3HK

This BB 9790 is a junk. Still, lets wait for the new firmware, and I hope the OS7.1 gets here fast.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Geministar14
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind

Well after made my complaint, decided to just carry my charger around full-time. At work, charged my one and 3 hours later my battery was a full 100%!! My battery life still sucks but at least can finally charge fully :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Thuva4
My Carrier: Rogers

This phone is a junk! Battery life doesn't last more than 4hours and Rogers is not doing anything about it. Rogers + Blackberry = JUNK! Never getting another blackberry in my life. Thanks blackberry. You just lost a loyal customer. In the future please don't release 500 models of phone which haven't been perfected. Also if you can't make a phone with battery power greater than 4 hours please get out of this business. Thank you Sent from iPhone
Please use plain text.
thurleyb
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem- the battery life doesn't last at all on this phone. I have done everything they suggested to preserve my battery life and had no success

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thanywil
My Device: Not Specified

I got my 9790 only a month and I am totally disgraced with this phone. Thought it would be a upgrade from my 9300 but atleast my 9300 battery life lasted way longer. This phone gets hot wen it discharges. Blackberry please release phones that has been tried and tested throughly before releasing it to the public. I want answers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrgeemoney
My Carrier: UTS

The worst! My battery doesn't even last 4 hours! I've had a BB for 10 years so I know what to check for to see if something is draining my battery, but nothing is! Your already losing the race to iPhone why make it worst? Fix this issue fast or do a recall!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viveksheel
My Carrier: Airtel India

[ Edited ]

Please help me !

I have the same problem with my battery which lasts only 4-5 hours. If i keep it without use, it will last a whole day.

I asked Blackberry after sales service.They asked me to bring it with the bill or its duplicate from the shop. I have lost the bill and the shop from I purchased it is closed. My IMEI is <Personal Content Removed>. After sales service say that they don't keep any record of the customer and its their policy. Is it true ? In this 21st century Hitech world, without bill, my mobile is as good as a moblie from grey market. Can CBI or FBI can help blackberry find my identity ?

I think Blackberry really want to close their world market.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

100% of your contract is between you and your service/sales centers. Nothing about it is at RIM, nor is this site a channel to ask RIM any formal questions whatsoever. No one here can tell you about the processes in place at your sales and service centers. If you doubt them, you must escalate with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viveksheel
My Carrier: Airtel India

Some years back, I had a nokia. I did the same: I lost the bill. When I brought my mobile to After Sales Service, I told them about the same. They changed the battery after some formalities about my identity.
I think After Sales Service of blackberry cannot be seperated from BlackBerry itself. Whatever is the policy in India is decided by BlackBerry themselves.in other case, weekend should stop purchasing BlackBerry mobiles in India as they are not supported by BlackBerry/ RIM. That's all I conclude from this incident.
Apart from this, from all the forums, in blackberry or outside, I have found that there are so many persons having 9790 who are facing the same problem: battery charge life or battery heating problem. Blackberry/ RIM should recognize the same.
Anyway, I would just not recommend BlackBerry After Sales Service to anybody around me.
just yesterday evening, I had another problem with my mobile. With full charge, the battery got heated and got switched off in around 10 minutes. I recharged it again. Again at full charge, it heated up and stopped with 35% battery in 5 minutes. One of my friends, who's just addicted to BB's has had the same problem one month back (in April). As for me, I precise that since I purchased this 9790, I charge it only with USB cable connected to laptop while charging rarely with AC plug. I always discharge it completely before recharging it. I've always done the same with all the mobiles I've had, BB or others.
Please use plain text.