Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Bishopsfarewell
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: 3

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

Options
yesterday

My partner had the same problem. He went onto the location settings and switched off the location then saved the profile. He last charged his phone 20 hours ago and still has 80% charge left
Please use plain text.
terristeve
My Device: torch
My Carrier: tmobile

i get the blackberry bold 9790 and i ave had to take it back today. it was os7.1. i fully charged it last nite and this morning my the battery lasted all on 3 hours wi no usage at all and it was also getting really hot. i took it back to the shop and even the woman who served my said to send it stright back as it was gettin really too hot. this needs sorting as ive ad both 9790 and 9900 and ad same problem wi both. well ive decided to go to iphone nw so theyve lost yet another customer

Please use plain text.
PHILKA
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same problems with my new Bold 9790.  Returned it and received a new phone.  Same problem.  What happend to your phone, any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
r0winms
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: 3HK

buy a blackberry bold 9790 pocket/pouch. I think it comes in the software and keypad which is very sensitive, and everytime there is an activity the LED goes ON.

Now that I have a pouch for this blackberry, my battery lasts a day with so much calls, sms, whatsapp, tons of emails.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrgeemoney
My Carrier: UTS

[ Edited ]

It works! My battery is now lasting longer!

Go onto the location settings and switched off the location then save the profile. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Slideboy
My Carrier: Rogers

BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE IS PATHETIC & NOT FIXABLE

In case all of you posters that have complained over the Past year haven't figured it out yet -- it's not just you, the 9790 battery life is pathetic, it does overheat, it's not fixable, & the people that should be responding on the support boards are by now probably all laid off from RIM. Are you getting it, there's a reason their smartphone market share is now less than 5% & sinking quickly. How disparate do you have to be to put a product like this POS on the market before it works as stated, & then not even have the time, concern or resources to come back & clean up the mess! Very sad inded as I've been a loyal & enthusiastic Blackberry user since 1999.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE IS PATHETIC & NOT FIXABLE

[ Edited ]

Slideboy wrote:
In case all of you posters that have complained over the Past year haven't figured it out yet -- it's not just you, the 9790 battery life is pathetic, it does overheat, it's not fixable, & the people that should be responding on the support boards are by now probably all laid off from RIM. Are you getting it, there's a reason their smartphone market share is now less than 5% & sinking quickly. How disparate do you have to be to put a product like this POS on the market before it works as stated, & then not even have the time, concern or resources to come back & clean up the mess! Very sad inded as I've been a loyal & enthusiastic Blackberry user since 1999.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While most of your facts are valid, one portion I do take as a personal affront. The highlighted portion is not even close to correct, and is quite frankly insulting to the kind volunteers who give of their own free time here to try and help other users get the most out of their BBs (despite whatever deficiencies that may exist). I, for one, began participating here several years ago, and am not nor ever have been a RIM employee (and I know, factually, that the same applies to other regular participants here). Please note that I do not wish to engage you in any argument...rather, I simply wish to present what I understand to be the accurate information on that point (for others who may come along and be interested in reading this thread).

The rest of what you say, well the facts cannot be argued with...though it's always best to cite sources rather than toss facts out in the hopes that others will trust you enough to believe...so, here's a citation in case anyone is interested:

Your suppositions, of course, could be argued over...but, being suppositions rather than facts, it's not really worth the time to do so.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JLHOLT
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: O2

same happened with me - had the 9700 for 2 years problem free though battery a little tired but manageable, changed to 9790 and withiin days, handset very hot, battery continually runs down and dies. phone changes from normal talk through handset to loudspeaker of own free will. Sound goes so caller cannot hear me but i can hear them. totally rubbish and phone being exchanged
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LizWood
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Sure

Have just turned my location setting off too so will see what happens. Surprised its automatically on anyway. Maybe should be off to start with and then it's a person's choice to have it on or not. Will let you know if this has cured my problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bishopsfarewell
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: 3

I agree, I think that the location setting should automatically be set to the off position, especially as it uses up so much battery life. Perhaps Blackberry need to take note. Hope your battery lasts longer, let me know
Please use plain text.