Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
sidcass
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

Do You know if Blackberry have taken note of these endless complaints about the terrible battery life of the 9790 & if they intend to do anything about it??

I purchased my 9790 six weeks ago without being made aware of the problem. Despite having the battery replaced  as it only lasted for a few hours (unlike my previousd Blackberry), I now have to charge the phone at least once & often twice a day. I desperatley want a mobile that is reliable but I am locked into a two year contract  and I now wish I had never heard the name Blackberyy.

The 9790 has turned me from a previous satisfied customer to one who will never buy another RIM product as long asI draw breath.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LizWood
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Sure

So, update on turning off location - at 6 hours now and phone is on 65% battery. I have texted, sent a few emails and received notifications etc. at this point previously I was down to less than 20% battery. Looks like this is working.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LizWood
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Sure

Looks like turning the location setting off has worked. What a difference. Charged up over night and am down to 75% after 8 hours. So much better.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bishopsfarewell
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]
So pleased it worked for you, lets hope more people check the forum and have the same results
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thanywil
My Device: Not Specified

Setting the location off is not working on my phone battery is still only lasting 5 hours pathetic(bbmangryface) and why should u put that off if your phone gets stolen you won't be able to locate your phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viveksheel
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Airtel India

Wow that's good. Put the location off. Instead, don't use anything at all. I've done same and my mobile is charged for three days (I put my mobile off in the night).

I think our only problem is BB Messenger, otherwise there are so many choices in the market. Use IPad and you can use so many applications and the battery still works.

Anyway, Vive Blackberry Messenger !!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
r0winms
My Carrier: 3HK

reading this thread today made me look at my settings.

The location was turned ON, but battery lasts for a day in sending and receiving for about 80emails plus the phone calls. The only thing I had was a pouch. My guess is the LCD, it consumes a lot of the power. Since my BB is in a pouch, LED doesnt turn when emails are received.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wiikidd
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: T-mob

Just like everyone else on here, I am experiencing the same trouble with the battery on my 9790 bold. I'm new to black berry having previously used sonyerricsons for the past 8 yrs, I must express my utter disappointment!  My main  attraction to this phone was the keypad seeing as all the new sonys have decided to go touch screen. However, I wasn’t prepared for negligible battery life but doing nothing  -  doing absolutely nothing on the phone!  I do wonder what will happen when I embark on a 5 hr long journey & want to listen to some music ; will I have 2 charge my phone every 30 mins? I never had this problem with my sony phones – battery can easily last for 2 days with continuous walkman usage.  Can someone please get back to me with some info about what I need to do to have this faulty product fixed. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viveksheel
My Carrier: Airtel India

Yes, You can purchase 1 or 2 extra batteries. You can also purchase a travel battery charger to charge while travelling. Otherwise you can go for any other model of Blackberry as I find that the only problem is with 9790. Otherwise, there is no feedback for this model from Blackberry part. They don't have to say anything except that how you can economise the battery by not using certain features available on this model. Frankly speaking, I think this model is a total fail on ground of battery backup what they're unable to admit completely.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Slideboy
My Carrier: Rogers

turning off the "location services" does help more than any single other thing I've tried
Please use plain text.