Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shabzadeh
My Device: Blackberry 9790 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

I'm having the same exact problem too ! the battery lasts less than half a day with no usage at all!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wiikidd
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: T-mob

Don't really think  Blackberry is wantin 2 do any thing about this. They would not want to announce & recall faulty product because of cost implications..... I have done everything - followed every advise from blackberry & on this forum but still have battery issues! This bold is no where near as good as the '17hr talk time' Motorola Razr  from Google & they wonder why BB's loosin sales to apple & other andriods.. this is my 1st BB & its put me off. What's d point in havin a mobile if if u can't get mobile with it - but always have to use it around some socket!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shabzadeh
My Device: Blackberry 9790 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

I agree with you completely, but hey, because of this Blackberry can even lose me as a customer after over 10 years of loyalty to the brand. Also, I'm not sure if you guys are having more dropped calls than usual like me or not, but at times my phpne hanga up by itself after 5 minutes of talk time ... Which I guess is because the antenna is actually placed inside the back cover... This phone is nothing but a major fail for Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
karlpclement
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello,

I have the same problem as all the others, battery has a problem keeping charge for a night without using the phone, how ridiculous is that.

Dear RIM, please take your responsibility and acknowledge that you have a problem with your phone and offer a real solution, not what we can find in the manual cause we all did it and it does not work. I would be curious to see when you do the testing of your stanby time to come to a few days. This seems absolutely impossible for all of us writing here.

Please offer a bug fix, or offer a real battery than can fix the issue, not political answers to look in the manual. If you want to keep your customer, your products needs to be to the level you describe it and make sure to satisfy the needs of your customers, but even more try to find fixes and solutions, real solutions to make your product worth.

I still wonder if you, RIM, will answer me with a REAL solution and not a pseudo energy saving solution from your manual. You have an issue, fix it

KP

Please use plain text.
mhighstreet
My Device: 9790 Bold
My Carrier: Movistar

Same issue here. After a few days with my new Blackberry (I have had at least 4 BB of other models before this one), it has become clear that with exactly the same configuration and apps, the 9790 has a very limited battery life. 

This is independently from the fact that this BB still has the same issues as my last 2 ones (other model): they become hot, they freeze a the most unopportune moment, etc.

Amazing that this is still ocurring. Sales are not only down because the competition offers good products, it is RIM offering poor products.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nawsher
My Carrier: Grameenphone

[ Edited ]

Hi - facing the same battery problem. It barely lasts a day and my device isn't even a year old. This is very dissappointing. I thought battery life was one of the reliable features for a BlackBerry. Is there any option to replace with longer lasting bettery pack for Bold 9790? Or I better start thinking outside BB?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ebeeP
My Device: 9790 on os 7.1
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Have you guys tried installing the OS 7.1 it made a huge difference to my phone as it has a battery saving mode as well as an Application doctor which shuts down all unneccesary apps. The battery saver literally just start ecnomizing you batt life after a certain % for eg 40% is where i set mines to, i know with the new os 7.1 you cant select 2g they is only two options 2g & 3G and 3G alone, which eats the battery. After it gets to 40% it just switches to edge which make the phone last longer as it is not scrambling to get the 3G neetwork. Try it guys the 7.1 os really something.

Also lower your brightness on the screen. I leave minbe at 10% it will take some time to get used to but honestly you will notice it when you lower it and the next time you look at your phone you will not even notice

I get a day with downloading apps , music sending bbms , wifi, and using whats app , facebook etc. if i dont have that connected i get close onto 2 days. Be smart dont blame the product look at the user.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
araucken
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: o2

Thanks for the info on os 7.1.  

Hope it works.  It's not an arbitrary "blame the product" approach, as you can tell by all the entries on this thread.  The issue is that the earlier bbrys battery life were fine, so why did the Bold 9790 design compromise the battery life so much.  

And if, after all the fixes people have suggested - including updating the os, we can still only just get a day's worth of battery life, well that's just poor.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snow_cow
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: wind

[ Edited ]

This is one of the worst phones I have ever had and I have the newest firmware.

I think this will be my last RIMM device and it's my 5th

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nawsher
My Carrier: Grameenphone

Hi ebeeP - thanks for the info on 7.1 - will try that.

But like araucken has mentioned - it is not a "blame the product" approach. It's pretty obvious that earlier BB models had better battery life compared to this one. The bad battery experience is really a blow for me, as one of the reasons for getting a BB was good battery life (which I didn't get on android).

Anyways - I am now thinking of the other options.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.