Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Romana84
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

My battery just gave in completely, it's like a joke. Dead, won't charge, just gives a battery sign with a big red cross through it.  I got the bold when it just came out so I think this is what will happen to all of them, hence: be warned and get a new phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thanywil
My Device: Not Specified

Exactly snow_cow why must we do all that changes n I would never switch off my locations settings what if I lose my phone won't be able to locate it. 1st of all they should of given the 9790 a stronger battery seeing that its touch and type but the weird thing my friend who has a torch doesn't have the same problem and both touch n type. That's why I reverted back 2 my trusty 9300.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SandraT
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: Tomato

I think that it's about time that you admit that the phone sucks and give us our money back or give us a new phone that works properly!! Everyone with this model has the same problem! You don't think that you've lost enough customers already? It's way to expensive phone that it doesn't work like it should! Shame on you...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

SandraT wrote:

I think that it's about time that you admit that the phone sucks and give us our money back or give us a new phone that works properly!! Everyone with this model has the same problem! You don't think that you've lost enough customers already? It's way to expensive phone that it doesn't work like it should! Shame on you...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In your post, who exactly is "you"? Please remember that, as the documents you agreed to said when you signed up here, this site is not a channel for any formal communications with, support from, nor escalation to RIM. Rather, this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help each other out as best they can. So, in that context, the "you" in your post is actually the other user/volunteers here who are willing to give their time to help out others.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Slideboy
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

TOTALLY agree! I have two of the POS 9790's sitting basically useless in my drawer & I'm back with my old 9780.  If they don't announce some program to swap the 9790's out for something that works in the next six months, I'm gone forever.  Wonder if anyone at RIM even looks at their own SUPPORT FORUMS anymore -- doubt it, likely too depressing for whomever is still left there I'd suspect...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Romana84

I just don't get how they got away with this the entire time. They should really own up to the FACT that they released a model that is flawed and offer some kind of compensation for it. But as smart as they are.....there is no way to leave any kind of complaint or comment to RIM directly. So that gives them the 'excuse' to look away, as if they're not aware. Worst thing is that the phone is also still in stores so people are still buying and getting f....ed.  It's truly insane and annoying.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SandraT

I appologize, when I wrote ''you'' I meant RIM/ Blackberrry owners, whoever who is responsible and is working at RIM and reads this....

And I can just say that anyone who has the problem with the phone and is here to share knows who is ''you'' and what I meant. But thanks for the heads up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SandraT

exactly, people still buy it and pay so much money for a broken phone! and RIM is ignoring everything and just shows that it's not a serious company that cares for they disappointed and cheated customers....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Romana84

I agree, if anyone knows/ or has a idea on how to get through to RIM about this speak up, they should be confronted when they have the release presentation of the new Blackberry 10 on Jan 30th in NY. so if anyone with some press connections reads this, pass it on! continuing to sell products that are actually not working correctly or as promised is a straight up scam.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
maansimendiratta
My Carrier: o7

I am using bold 9790 nd facing a lot of problems...
Heatup lyk it will blast any moment...
Touch screen stop working...
Batter drain lyk I have never chage it...
PlZzzzzz help ne & wt to do ??? Nd let me knw if u can help even if I lost my mobile bill nd box..
Please use plain text.