Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Nielso
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with this BB. 
I charge my phone completely and I closed the applications running in the background, then I got to work and I didn't use my phone until the afternoon. 
What did I see? Red battery in the top left corner, no network because battery life is too low. Phone feel so hot it's not normal anymore.
Great thank you, I needed my phone for work at first but when I noticed this battery life is worth nothing I am really disappointed in BB. I had a BB before but this will be my last one.

It's sad to see that there are a lot of people who face this problem and a shame they don't do something about it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spud1

My BB just came back from the fixing shop becuase the battery was only lasting a few hours and the device was randomly shutting down. Clearly this is a common problem judging by the number of replies to this thread. Come on Blackberry, we all pay good money for your products, get yourselves sorted out, It made me want to buy an I phone, if I get any other problems I might have to go down that road, I suggest everyone else does the same

Please use plain text.
shiphendon
My Device: 9790

hi there, iv been having the same problems with my blackberry, it keeps rebooting randomly, and goes to less than 5% battery life. I bought another battery and yet the same thing still happens, could you let me know what the exact problem is so that i can go and fix my phone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
appushri
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, Blackberry Bold 9790

Hi everyone,

Even I am facing this problem and have tried to contact Blackberry to get a solution. The only place I  got a reply is on twitter where they asked me to change the battery and the normal list of battery saving tips. I have not been able to resolve the problems by the suggested methods. I have changed my battery and also have followed the steps suggested. Both of no use. Still I am facing the same problem. Battery doesn't last more than 10 hours on 3G and also the phone heats up badly.

Please use plain text.
kellyblay

Never in my life have I had a phone as awful as this one, NEVER getting a Blackberry ever again. Can't wait until my contract is up!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommmrooke
My Device: bold 9790

I think I've found a way to sort the problem, well I managed to fix my bold 9790, once sorted the problem won't occur unless the battery comes out, fixing the problem is quite simple. Wait for the battery to completely drain, and take it out to cool, once cooled put the battery back into the phone, and put it on charge. The battery should then get a little black plug sign on it - which usually means it is 100% charged - however, if you search on your phone 'battery' it will take you to the exact percentage your phone is on. It should be about 94%, take the charger out and put it straight back in, until the black logo comes back. It should have increased by 1%. You continuously carry out the process of removing the charger until the battery then says 100%. You then leave the phone to charge for a few more hours - or until it cools, which was the case with mine - the phone should then last the expected time that it should, and will also no longer over heat. Hope this advice helps :-)
Please use plain text.
naj
New Contributor
naj
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

Same problem after only 6 hours of use the battery will be almost finished I am a teen and I now carry a usb cable everywhere I go this device is rubbish I recomend all of u never to buy a bb again THIS SUCKS
Please use plain text.
johnyb
My Device: BB 9790

Thanks. I am trying this fix, but I don't understand this step: "if you search on your phone 'battery' it will take you to the exact percentage your phone is on". Could please be more specific? Thx.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommmrooke

Just go onto your main screen, where you can see your wallpaper, and all you do is type 'battery' it then comes up with the options app, go onto it, and click on battery saving mode to see your exact percentage
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommmrooke

Charging it on hard surfaces helps as well.
Please use plain text.