Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Rplace
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

CRADS Database Error (Sync status) is not open

Hi can anyone help me please.  My blackberry has been working fine with my desktop manager but for some reason stopped working today and I am getting the error message "CRADS Database Error (Sync status) is not open".  I have tried doing a software update on the desktop software as well as a full uninstall and reinstall but I am getting the same issue.

Anyone know how to fix it please?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: CRADS Database Error (Sync status) is not open

Google is your friend.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/CRADSDatabase-Error/td-p/1846553
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rplace

Thanks I did see that post but my error doesnt give me a path to follow in order to delete so I've no idea how to do it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Then I would start with this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Cleanly-quot-Starting-Over-quot-with-...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rplace

Thanks but I can't risk wiping my device as I can't be sure all my info is in the desktop manager and I'd lose it all.  Bit of a nightmare :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That part is "optional." Did you follow the instructions to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of BDM?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rplace

Yes done that.  Still having the issue.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Does this only happen when you attempt to do a sync or does it prevent BDM from opening? What exactly is happening?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rplace

it's when I try and sync.  It opens fine and appears to be syncing but then part way through I get this message.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

And you did nothing to your computer since the last time you sync'd? No Windows update? No software updates? Nothing?

I did find this KB, though it doesn't have any workaround: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33098

Have you tried syncing one database at a time? i.e. sync calendar by itself, then contacts by itself, tasks by itself, etc.? The KB above talks about the error associated with Contacts.

I'm going to suggest you contact O2 and have them escalate your case to BlackBerry for resolution.
Please use plain text.