Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Samour50
My Device: Bold 9900

Calendar Sync Continually Gives Errors

Hi,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 on OS 7.1.0.267

The Blackberry Desktop Software's Calendar Sync Continually Gives Errors and causes problems. This is always the case when an entry is updated either on the phone or on the computer. And no I am not updating the same entry on both prior to syncing.

As such, I am effectively unable to "sync" any changes to my calendar and instead have to resort to manually deleting the older entry. There is no issue with Add or Delete operations, only Modify.

I have narrowed this down to a likely problem with the Alarm fields as frequently the only changed field is the Alram Flag and causes the sync to fail. Even though I dismiss a reminder on my phone, apparently the alarm flag for the entry is still set to true. However, removing the Alarm fields from Sync causes a different error altogether. I am able to remove the Alarm Flag entry to alleviate this, but I still get errors occassionally even with this workaround.

I have repeatedly tried battery pulls and a clean restart of Blackberry Desktop Sofwatre (i.e. kill all BB services) between sync attempts.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Please advise.

Thanks