Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BrandonK001
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

Calendar is gone off my Bold 9780

Hi, recently my calendar has dissapeared completely from my Bold 9780. I can't access it anywhere on my phone. At first I thought it was just my icon that was deleted but now I can't seem to find anything related to my calendar at all on my phone. My upcoming events I had posted in my calendar use to show up all the time in the same area as my messages, but now none are showing up. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Brandon

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Calendar is gone off my Bold 9780

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BrandonK001

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that and still am not seeing the issue resolved. I've also looked to see if there was a software update needed as well, but it appears I'm up to date on all my software.

Brandon

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Please check and see if the Calendar app is still installed (it's a core app, and cannot easily be deleted...but just in case):

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Also be sure you are checking very carefully for the Calendar icon...be sure you look on every pane of the Homescreen, plus within every sub-folder to Homescreen...it's possible that you accidentally moved the icon. Also be sure that you have "Show All" active as you look, to be sure that the icon was not accidentally hidden.

Otherwise, have you installed anything since this last worked OK? A new theme perhaps? If so, try removing that and see if your Calendar returns to normal operation.

Further, did anything happen between the time things were normal and this behavior started? A new app, an update, anything else??? Think carefully as the smallest thing could be causal...and perhaps try to undo that.

Beyond that, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see if you can access the calendar app. If so, then some 3rd party app is interfering.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BrandonK001

I did the battery pull and safemode start several times and it somehow magically appeared. Hopefully it sticks around! Thanks for the advice!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.