Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
fernandojr
My Device: Bold 9900

Calendar items disappear

Please help!!!! I have a BB 9900 that has been updated with all the latest software. I backup my Bold once a month wirelessly with BlackBerry Protect...otherwise I rarely (twice a year) sync it with my PC. I have noticed that even though I have my calendar options to keep all appointments "forever", the opposite happens. I lose all appointments over a month old. The only items that show up are recurring events. Am I able to retrieve my lost appointments? If not, what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future? I have plenty of memory on my phone.

Thaks in advance for your help.

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Calendar items disappear

Hello fernandojr and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In your Calendar>Menu>Options>Calendar Display and Actions, what does Keep Appointments show? If it does not say Forever, ensure you change it to such.

If you did backup your Calendar, you could restore it, however, it will overwrite your current Calendar data so new appointments would be deleted and replaced with the backup data.

Are you syncing your Calendar with an email account or a desktop program, such as Microsoft Outlook? You could resync the past Calendar appointments to add them to your device.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
fernandojr

Thank you for responding. My calendar settings are set to keep "FOREVER". Also, I sync with Outlook on my PC, but saying that I do this probably twice a year. The problem still exists....for instance, I last synced in November and since then have added appointments to my calendar. When I go back to my calendar ALL my appointments (other than last 3 weeks) are gone. I have read in other Blackberry forums that this is a known prolem with the Blackberry calendar.
Retired
hmthepirate

Did you recently change this setting to keep appointments to Forever?

With your sync settings in Desktop Software, did you select the option to transfer all appointments or future appointments only?

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
fernandojr

I have always had it on FOREVER and always sync ALL appointments. Is there anything else I could do?
Retired
hmthepirate

Do the appointments remain on your computer Calendar and are missing from your BlackBerry or are they missing on the computer as well?

Do you have more than one Calendar on your device (Calendar>Menu>Options>Calendar Lists)? If so, are the appointments the same colour or different colours on your device?

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
fernandojr

They are missing on both my Blackberry and my computer as well. I have only one calendar on my device. I found this on another forum...what do you think: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-how-faq-f3/how-work-around-outlook-dm-deleting-older-calendar-entr...

Retired
hmthepirate

When you first did your sync with your computer, did the computer entries delete or were the computer entries already missing?

If you have the sync option to transfer all data and one side has deleted appointments, the other side will delete those appointments so both have the same data.

Are you using Outlook on your computer or another program?

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
fernandojr

I am using Outlook on my computer...and the issue is that even when i don't sync, I lose entries. For example, I just checked my calendar for appointments I entered in late January of this year. The recurring appointments are still there, but the other ones I had entered are not. Bear in mind I have not synced for several months so the syncing with the computer is not causing these entries to disappear.
Retired
hmthepirate

If your Outlook is randomly deleting past appointments when you are not connecting your BlackBerry then it's recommended you contact Microsoft support to further investigate.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate