Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shahbro
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Calendar not syncing properly with Gmail

i have a gmail account and have synced my calendar, contacts and email. i have GOOGLE SYNC, which does it all for me (or so its supposed to).

if i create a new appointment on my gmail calendar, it syncs perfectly to my bklackberry.

However if i create an appointment on my bb it doesnt sync on the gmail.

can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingbar
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Calendar not syncing properly with Gmail

I have the more basic question on this. I habe Installed Google Mobile App which includes Sync, but when I select Sync, it tells me Sync is not supported by my device Device = BB Bold 9700

Any advise to get BB Calender to Sync with Google Calender, and ultimately with Thunderbird

anital
My Device: Bold

Ok, Please tell me how you got even that much to sync.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CellPhoneClient
My Device: Bold 9700

I'm having the same issue.

Whatever I enter into Google does sync to BB calendar.

But whatever I enter into BB calendar does NOT sync to Google calendar when I check it on my laptop.

Look forward to learning how to resolve this.

Please use plain text.
JNW9700
My Device: 9700

I have the same problem - another Blackberry problem! Has anyone found a solution to this. I have checked all setting and they seem correct. 

shahbro wrote:

i have a gmail account and have synced my calendar, contacts and email. i have GOOGLE SYNC, which does it all for me (or so its supposed to).

if i create a new appointment on my gmail calendar, it syncs perfectly to my bklackberry.

However if i create an appointment on my bb it doesnt sync on the gmail.

can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
JNW9700

Does Blackberry support ever read these forums?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shahbro
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Useless people.

whats the point in this support commuity when no-one has a clue on anything.

Guess i will have to switch to the iPhone or maybe Android.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

shahbro wrote:

Useless people.

whats the point in this support commuity when no-one has a clue on anything.

Guess i will have to switch to the iPhone or maybe Android.

Hello,

Wow -- two posts, one issue, and you judge the entire community as useless. Strange conclusion, I find. Nevertheless, enjoy your alternative choice.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JNW9700

I have had no problem with Calendar syc with Android on the HTC evo. Lack of two way sync on the Blackberry is a serious issue and adds a lot of work so Blackberry need to make an effort to respond.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

JNW9700 wrote:

I have had no problem with Calendar syc with Android on the HTC evo. Lack of two way sync on the Blackberry is a serious issue and adds a lot of work so Blackberry need to make an effort to respond.

Hello,

They will and they do...but not in this forum as it is 100% not the correct place for such things. Let's review...

Historically, the only method for OTA synchronization for other than email was via BES and/or the Desktop Redirector client (when attached to an Exchange Server). In recent months, RIM has released BES Express (and EOL'd the Redirector)...a totally free method of achieving the exact same results for private clients (not necessarily for large email houses like Gmail, Yahoo, and such). In other developments recently, RIM has integrated more than just email into BIS for Google and I think some components of Yahoo...and that is where things stand today.

So, I might postulate that RIM has responded to the situation...they did so by developing and releasing all of these new things -- perhaps not as fast as many would have liked, but I suspect that would have been the outcome no matter how fast they released things. But, for them to say publicly anything about what they may or may not have in their internal development pipeline would be difficult at best and very carefully controlled -- but it is their decision as to what forward looking information they release...and they never release forward looking information within these forums (such would be contrary to the ToS, after all). One must watch closely their public announcements to find out what information they are releasing of this nature.

Lastly -- it would be folly (IMHO) to hope that BBs will become identical to those other devices...by their very nature and market positioning, BBs are different devices. Yes, that position is evolving, but that as well would be internal proprietary information of RIMs that they certainly would want to carefully control the release of...after all, telling us is the same as them telling their competition.

Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.