Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

RXT
New Contributor
RXT
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar sync delete of 2 earliest entries???

I've been syncing my 970 & Outlook 2010 without hitch, except for one frustrating problem.  I have a sizeable number of calendar entries, I sync all (and not just prospective calendar entries), and the BB keeps deleting the first two chronological  calendar entries that I have, in August 1996.  So each time I sync, it proposes deleting these two entries in Outlook, although all other proposed changes are correct.

I've tried everything I can think of, from modifying those chronologically first 2 calendar entries in Outlook, in which case it will correctly propose to add them to the BB, only to then have the BB internally delete them again, to manually adding them in the BB -- in which case it correctly adds the entries to Outlook, but then again turns around on a subsequent sync, indicating that they aren't on the BB, and so should be deleted in Outlook.

Please, please help?  It's so frustrating to have the 1,000s of calendar, contact, and task entries syncing correctly, except for these first two calendar entries.  Even weirder, when I've manually gotten the 2 back in sync, the BB inevitably first internally deletes the first entry, then proposes doing so in Outlook, and then moves onto the second-earliest entry, proposing that it be deleted.

This MUST be a bug in the software, unless there's some maximum limit of calendar entries that I'm unaware of, given that even manual entry into the BB is accepted and then those entries are deleted.

Thx

Please use plain text.
RXT
New Contributor
RXT
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar sync delete of 2 earliest entries???

As I feared, and to supplement my initial post, after accepting the deletion of the first 2 entries, the BB 970 sync keeps moving back, seeking to delete each entry that is earliest on the calendar.  There must be a maximum number of entries . . . .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mediaguy
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

in my case it regularly deletes about 600 of the 3500 (approx) items ... saying they have been deleted from the device so will now delete them from the computer ... I re-synch, then deal with the duplicated files, and all is ok for about a day ... then it deletes again.  WHY???????????//

Please use plain text.
HIGHLANDSCAP
My Device: BOLD
My Carrier: BELL

go into calndar go into options go to keep appointments slect forever - still havent figured out how to limit entries on device without deleting them from outlook -
Please use plain text.