Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AW0317
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Calling contacts always come in as unknown

Hi,

I am having big problems with my contacts. they are all stored in my phone, but everytime, one of my contacts call me it always comes up as unknown number, meanwhile i have their number and contact stored on my phone. or even when i dont have their number, it still comes up as unkown instad of just showing their number. this is extremly, bad and irritating as i never know who is calling me. My balckberry model is Bol 9790... please coluld you help me?

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Re: Calling contacts always come in as unknown

AW0317 wrote:

Hi,

I am having big problems with my contacts. they are all stored in my phone, but everytime, one of my contacts call me it always comes up as unknown number, meanwhile i have their number and contact stored on my phone. or even when i dont have their number, it still comes up as unkown instad of just showing their number. this is extremly, bad and irritating as i never know who is calling me. My balckberry model is Bol 9790... please coluld you help me?

Does your plan include Caller ID?  If not, that will likely be the cause.

AW0317

what do you mean by plan? :smileyhappy: its a reltivly new phone, and the names of my contacts always used to come up when they were calling and now they dont anymore. it also messed around my whatsapp conatcs. iv typed in caller ID in my search bar to see all the options that would come up.. and i found nothing that helped me.

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello AW0317!
Whenever a strange behavior occurs do a battery pull out restart. With the power on pull out the battery and wait for 20 sec.

Regards,
Kostadin.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
AW0317

hi 

i did that, and calling contacts still come up as unknown.. is there anywhere else i can go in my phone or anything i can do. this is becoming quite detrimental.

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

I would suggest speaking with your carrier (Virgin Mobile) to see if they can help.  I strongly suspect that the issue could be resolved at their end, since it sounds like you haven't made any changes on your device.  The only other suggestion I would have is to reload the device OS - but I would hold that as a last resort.

prince2012
My Device: Curve

AW0317 wrote : 

i did that, and calling contacts still come up as unknown.. is there anywhere else i can go in my phone or anything i can do. this is becoming quite detrimental

Hi AW0317

I don't know if it will help but still have your enabled Encryption on your device ?   On your HomeScreen Go to Options > Security > Encryption > If you have enabled Encryption then make sure  " Include Contacts " is Unchecked or UNmarked .

Also On your Homescreen go to Options > Call Management > Smart Dialing >  Check your " Country Code "

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.