Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
David-K
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Camera Flash/Self Test Application

I need help with fixing my camera flash.

I have a blackberry bold 9780 

It used to work all of the time without any problems, now all of a sudden it just does not flash when I take a picture or video.

I have tried using the self test application but when I do this I only get to the bit where it says "Press any key to start the viewfinder then press any key to stop the viewfinder"...nothing else happens after this and if I click next my report just says camera flash not tested.

Can anyone help at all, would be much appreciated?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Camera Flash/Self Test Application

Hey David-K,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To determine if this is a hardware or software related issue, I suggest following the steps in this KB article and then test the camera flash out prior to restoring any data: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

If the issue persists, contact your network service provider for repair options.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
zfed
My Device: 9780

Hi there!
I have the same problem. I did roleaded OS but it did not helped. I think it is software bug becauce flash dissapeared after I stoped to use flashlight app (tur on/off). After that flashlight disapeared. I uninstalled it because ads.
Hope I will find solution here.
New Contributor
David-K
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi Vicious Ferret,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, however...

After following the steps on KB11320 I found that there was no dialog that stated "Back up device data" on step 4.

I installed a previous version which was 2 versions behind my latest update and still no camera flash! Do you suggest I try installing further previous versions to see if this helps?

Regards,

David
New Contributor
zfed
My Device: 9780

Yes, I'm also have tried severl versions and no success. Could it be because that I'm on BES? I have device password and could it be that password does not allow to erase all old data from phone? I don't want to make much experiments because each time I should ask new activation password to my admin. But flashlight is important to me, I do a lot of photos for my job- devise serial nr., etc.