Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
David-K
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Camera Flash/Self Test Application

I need help with fixing my camera flash.

I have a blackberry bold 9780 

It used to work all of the time without any problems, now all of a sudden it just does not flash when I take a picture or video.

I have tried using the self test application but when I do this I only get to the bit where it says "Press any key to start the viewfinder then press any key to stop the viewfinder"...nothing else happens after this and if I click next my report just says camera flash not tested.

Can anyone help at all, would be much appreciated?

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Camera Flash/Self Test Application

Hey David-K,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To determine if this is a hardware or software related issue, I suggest following the steps in this KB article and then test the camera flash out prior to restoring any data: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

If the issue persists, contact your network service provider for repair options.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zfed
My Device: 9780

Hi there!
I have the same problem. I did roleaded OS but it did not helped. I think it is software bug becauce flash dissapeared after I stoped to use flashlight app (tur on/off). After that flashlight disapeared. I uninstalled it because ads.
Hope I will find solution here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
David-K
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi Vicious Ferret,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, however...

After following the steps on KB11320 I found that there was no dialog that stated "Back up device data" on step 4.

I installed a previous version which was 2 versions behind my latest update and still no camera flash! Do you suggest I try installing further previous versions to see if this helps?

Regards,

David
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zfed
My Device: 9780

Yes, I'm also have tried severl versions and no success. Could it be because that I'm on BES? I have device password and could it be that password does not allow to erase all old data from phone? I don't want to make much experiments because each time I should ask new activation password to my admin. But flashlight is important to me, I do a lot of photos for my job- devise serial nr., etc.
Please use plain text.