Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

zrg
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Camera Flash light always on_ Black Berry Bold 9000

Not sure if this helps, but...  could moisture around the camera flash be the reason?  Read below.

I never had this problem before, but my Bold 9000 was recently submerged in water for about 15 or 20 seconds. Pulled battery out immediately as advised by friends.  Most people advise putting the whole camera in a bag of rice and putting it in the sun for a couple of days and then trying, but because of the global rice shortage I did not do this.  

After letting it dry out for a couple of days, I put battery back in.  Nothing worked, but camera flash was on and stayed on.  Low intensity like others were describing above.  I pulled battery back out and and waited another 7 or 8 days.  Now whole phone seems to have returned from the dead, and is working fine - except for the flash, which is still on and stays on. 

If I am right about the moisture in my camera being the problem with the flash staying on, then eventually the moisture should go away, (?) or I will have to implement the "crude surgical solution" described above. 

Just some food for thought.  WIll report back with any interesting findings.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem..
I tried reinstalling my sofware on my blackberry bold 9780, but the flash is still on.. I havnt had any issues with my blackberry until today, and its really bothering me. The light just randomly came on and wont go off!
Please help! 

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Claro

9000 light IC This is the IC in short.. replare it only.. 

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: vodafore GR

thank you for your detail and not at all crude helpful solution! i followed carefully your advice on my bb 8900 and it seems that the bottom triangular is for both the flash and for it ringing. i put a very small peace of tape and the flash went off but it also stopped ringing... any other solution - macgyver or whatever??? thanks
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Mobistar

Hi! I have the same problem, tried everything above and it's still not fixed. But the whole installing thing: how di I do that? I'm not good with technology and I reeeaaally need that light to go off... thanks Smiley Happy x

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

I experienced this problem on my blackberry phone too. I was kinda eager with not knowing what to do. Luckily for me, a friend of mine showed me a link where i get the solution. Here is the link

delsublog.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-solve-blackberry-flash-light.html