Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
villeson
My Carrier: Telus

Camera Issue

Hello,

This is my first Blackberry, I bought the 9780 today.  I was just testing all the features and the video camera works well but I tried using the normal camera and the pictures just don't take.  The flash goes of, it zooms in and everything but when I press the button no picture is actually taken.  If theres a simple fix that'd be great, let me know.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
keithwheatley
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Camera Issue

I'm getting the same problem and so is this owner: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-smartphone/A-number-of-issues/m-p/64571...

At first I thought I must be doing something wrong but realise that it is a design or software fault.   I'm sending mine back for a replacement but can't help wondering whether the new one will do the same.   I'm missing many aspects of my problem free Nokia E71 but when i go back to it, it seems rather slow.

Please use plain text.
keithwheatley
My Carrier: Orange

Taking the battery out and replacing it works for a while.   Not very good when you need to take a picture quickly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcus_anselm
My Carrier: O2

I have exactly the same problem. When you do a reset it fixes it for a while but then the problem comes back....must be a problem with the software....

Anyone found any fixes?

Please use plain text.
stinkykiller
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Exact same problem.

Thinking in replacing the device :-(

I hope they gave me a new one,

not a refurbished one ;o)

Please use plain text.
ShepAbbey
My Carrier: rogers

Same problem-i have 10 pics on my camera & it won't take any more!!!!!!! Would really like a solution-It looks like it's a software glitch.......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikkijean88

SAME PROBLEM!!! not happy as i have a 2 year old son and its impossible to take a picture yet when he finally sits still i cant take one! mine flashes and you can see the picture but then it kind of crashes amd just goes away and doesnt save! grrr

Please use plain text.
THeWh33l

Yeah I just had the same thing happened to my BlackBerry :smileysad: It's worked fine up till tonight, but as most of have said, I press the camera button, the flash goes on, and then the camera still keeps on and doesnt take a picture :smileysad:

Can any admin or techy find out if there's any update that'll fix this or anything

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MatrixLeader
My Carrier: Du

I had the same issue when I first got my 9780, it has OS 6.0.0.285 loaded on it, I loaded OS 6.0.0.294 and the problem was gone.

OS 6.0.0.294 is actually the best one currently available in terms of stability and speed.

Download the Operating System from the below link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=4A1590DF1D5968D41B855005BB8B67BF

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

[b]Instructions For Installation:[/b]

1) Install the [b]*.exe[/b] file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to [b]Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader[/b]

3) Delete the file named [b]vendor.xml[/b]

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run [b]loader.exe[/b]

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

Visit the BlackBerry Matrix website for all your OS updates and BlackBerry applications! http://blackberrymatrix.yolasite.com/

How to update your BlackBerry Operating System Guide = http://bbmatrix.freeforums.org/how-to-upgrade-a-blackberry-operating-system-with-apploader-t29.html
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcus_anselm

I use 6.0.0.294 but have the camera problem with that. Only way I can fix it is a reset, keeps it going for a few days but then problem comes back. Am hoping there will be a new OS soon with a permanent fix
Please use plain text.