Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
mrbenz7
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: The Mobile

Camera failure on 9900

I lost my camera! When I try to start the camera I get an error message saying " cannot start the camera. close other applications and try again" 

Blackberry Bold 9900

OS 7.1

I've tried closing all apps but it doesn't help. I wish Blackberry put more operational memory in their devices!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Camera failure on 9900

This usually indicates a defective camera. Some have been successful in pushing down on the camera lens area to try and reseat the camera. It doesn't work every time but has been known to work a fair amount.

if it doesn't work after that you may want to contact your carrier for warranty service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mrbenz7
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: The Mobile

Thanks. It didn't help but I'll take it in to T-Mobile.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

read:

KB15544 "Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
eshaiker
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

I have a BB Bold 9930 with the same camera problem.  I tried restarting the phone, pressing against the lens without success.  It is frustrating.  I don't know if ScanBar has anything to do with it, since ScanBar uses the camera too.

Matt Eshaiker

<removed>

Irvine, CALIFORNIA

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I have seen this problem with BB cameras since BB first started putting cameras in the BB. It's not a widespread problem but it does happen. When it does happen I've never seen it be a software problem or that too many programs were open. It's always been a hardware problem.

Contact Sprint and see if you can get the device replaced under warranty (if it's less than a year old.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.