Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
crusted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Camera on BB 9900 Stopped Working

My camera has suddenly stopped working. I have plenty of memory and have tried a battery reset and made sure there is plenty of power.

Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Camera on BB 9900 Stopped Working

What exactly happens when you try to use the camera?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rrisbert
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: bell

I have the same problem with mine. i cant seem to find any fix and it seems to be a common problem with the phone. please keep me updated if you find a fix that works. when i try to open my cam it says "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again" i do not have any other apps running
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crusted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Exactly the same error messgae as for my phone.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This is usually attributed to a defective camera module. Some have been successful in pushing down on the area around the camera lens to try and seat the camera module. If that doesn't help then you will likely need to contact your carrier for a warranty replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rrisbert
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: bell

Thank you that worked.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

What worked? Pressing on the camera area or contacting your carrier?
Please use plain text.