Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Camera or Video wont open...

Every time I try to open my camera or video application it says "Could not open camera. Close other applications and try opening camera again"  How do I know what application could be not allowing this to open?

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Camera or Video wont open...

Hello bhague

Welcome to the Community

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

My Device: BlackBerry 9780 Bold, BlackBerry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: SIMple Mobile, Sprint

Re: Camera or Video wont open...

Not sure if I have the same problem as the other guy but my camera still gives the error message even after a battery pull.   It is a brand new phone, has nothing installed on it yet.  I have read that several other people are having similar problems.  It is a BlackBerry 9780 Bold running 6.0 Bundle 2115 (v6.0.0.480, Platform 6.5.0.153).  Any other information you might need to know?  When the camera DOES appear to start, it is just a black screen with the picture-taker button (the official technical term) greyed out.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your time & have a great day!