Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kilarusiddhu
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Can Any One Help Me

[ Edited ]

I'am using Blackberry Bold 9780....i have wifi facility in my flat i am using it for my browsing but there is a deduction of money from my mobile balance even if i am using wifi...how can i get ride of this problem can any one tel a solution to this problem...tankx in advance for those who gave ans to my question :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Can Any One Help Me

Hello Kilarusiddhu

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Our BlackBerry browser will always choose the preferred connection i;e if you're connected to a Wifi Network then it will always choose wifi as preferred mode for connection . But if you want to be sure that you're not using your Carrier data then On Manage Connection you can UNcheck or UNmark Mobile Network but data services ON .

But I have a question why you used such large fonts on your post ? On a public forums you don't need to do that !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kilarusiddhu

[ Edited ]

but if i unmarked data services i mean if i off by data services in mobile network then i cant use wifi on my mobile...what to do now

and abt that font will not repeat that mistake again..cool :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

kilarusiddhu wrote:

but if i unmarked data services i mean if i off by data services in mobile network then i cant use wifi on my mobile...what to do now

Don't turn off your Data Services but you can Turn off your Mobile Network by Unmarking  Mobile Network On Manage Connection.

kilarusiddhu wrote:

and abt that font will not repeat that mistake again..cool :smileyhappy:

That's nice of you.. you are welcome :smileyhappy:

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kilarusiddhu

how can i Turn off your Mobile Network in my mobile...i cant see such option in my mobile

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there

On your Homescreen when you go to Manage Connection , under heading Manage Connections what options are you getting ?

Manage Connection > Mobile Network = Uncheck or UNmark it .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kilarusiddhu

if i did the thing what u  said then i cannot receive cals from any one...my sim is off by doing this

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Yes I agree , but it is the best way if you want to be sure that you're not using your Carrier data , or as I said your browser will only use your wifi as a preferred network when browsing over a wifi network . 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kilarusiddhu

but is there any alternative than this for my question becasue no one will off there network connection for sake of this reason...am i correc t ? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey siddhu

I already suggested you an alternative :smileyhappy: But if you are getting charged for using wifi then you should contact your Carrier to know further .

FYI , I was never charged for using wifi , So it is your Carrier Vodafone who can clarify those things .

Please use plain text.