Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
merlin02131
My Device: Bold 9930

Can I upload my excel file with contact list to my desktop software ?

Just reloaded my tel and am wondfering if I can upload an excel file or a csv to my desktop software and then export to my phone . It would save a LOT of time if I could

Thanks

Regards

Rich O

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Can I upload my excel file with contact list to my desktop software ?

Hello merlin02131

You can try this Knowledge Base :

KB11194 : How to import contacts from an already created CSV file to the BlackBerry smartphone

You may need a lower version of Desktop Software which you can download from other sources. Or head over to this thread Cleanly "Starting Over" with the Desktop Software (non-BES) , within that thread on post #15 there is a link  to older Desktop Software versions, which you can try .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
merlin02131
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Can I upload my excel file with contact list to my desktop software ?

Hey

Thanks for the reply !

I have my contacts as I uploaded via sync thru Outlook contacts . However no phone numbers were brought over from outlook . I tried numerous times to import them into the tel but to no avail . There are some speicla header fields but I would have thought that tel numbers would be imported via default contacts . I hate like You know what to  go in and hand update every one of them . Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Regards

Rich O

Please use plain text.