Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
102jon
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Can I use a Microsoft Bluetooth mobile keyboard 5000 with my blackberry bold 9900 phone?

I was wondering if I can use a microsoft bluetooth mobile keyboard 5000 with my Blackberry Bold 9900 phone?  When I go to pair it, the phone finds the Microsoft keyboard but then it asks me for a numeric passkey and then for a alphanumeric passkey.

The keyboard manual says that if the device asks for a passkey, let the program create it, but my Blackberry does not create anything, it is looking for the passkey.

This is a company phone.  Should I contact my IT tech support to see if they can shed some light on this or does anyone here know what I can do to remedy this?

Or am I wrong in assuming that I can use the mobile keyboard with the Blackberry?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Can I use a Microsoft Bluetooth mobile keyboard 5000 with my blackberry bold 9900 phone?

That keyboard only supports HID Bluetooth Profile.  BlackBerry requires the SPP Bluetooth Profile. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
102jon
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can I use a Microsoft Bluetooth mobile keyboard 5000 with my blackberry bold 9900 phone?

[ Edited ]

Ok, thanks John.

I was afraid that it would not work with the blackberry but it was worth a try.

Please use plain text.