Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
kinloch39
My Device: Not Specified

Can anybody recommend a calendar for PC that will sync wirelessly with Bold 9900

My google calendar used to sync with my Bold both ways wirelessly with no problems using Google Sync. Then Google dropped their Google Sync in December with no warning, no nothing, no replacement recommendations.  Does anyone have another program that will sync Google Calendar with the Bold Calendar?  Or is there another calendar/sync option?  I know Outlook does it through BB Desktop Manager but I am looking for a 'live' sync as I had before.  I am using Windows 7 on the PC.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Can anybody recommend a calendar for PC that will sync wirelessly with Bold 9900

You can still sync Google calender using BIS email integration. Make sure that you have enabled Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) in your gmail email account. Then follow the steps to integrate Gmail email ID in you BlackBerry smartphone (make sure that you have BlackBerry data plan enabled through your mobile service provider.

1. Open Email Settings on the BlackBerry smartphone. For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7 powered smartphones open Setup and choose Email Accounts.
  2. Click Set up another email account.
  3. Choose Gmail from the list of options.
  4. Enter the Email Address and Email Password, then click Continue.

To enable synchrinization:

For BlackBerry Device Software 5.0:

1. Launch the Email Settings application within the Setup folder on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Select the Gmail address and select Edit.
  3. Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
  4. Select the Calendar check box and click Save.
  5. Confirm the Gmail password, and click OK.

For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7:

1. Navigate to Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account
  2. If prompted, enter your user name and password for your BlackBerry Internet Service account and hit Continue
  3. Select the Gmail address, press the menu button and select Edit.
  4. Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
  5. Make sure Calendar is checked, and then click Save.
  6. Confirm the Gmail password, and then click OK.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kinloch39

Re: Can anybody recommend a calendar for PC that will sync wirelessly with Bold 9900

Thanks.  I set up a gmail account that went with my calendar.  In the distant past due to security concerns i set up my gmail as a separate account from my calendar/drive/reader etc.  The new account is registered to my BB and I am receiving mail, the calendar is checked but when it asks to synchronize I get a message "your device encountered a problem with this application's server" and, obviously it does not synchronize.  All the gmail help files only talk about iPhone and Android.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can open a free account at outlook.com . Same same as GMail, but from Microsoft.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kinloch39

Yes I can, but how does tha thelp with syncing?  I can't see that an out look email a/c would help sync my google calendar? Or do I have to use the outlook calendar?  Whcih would be fine, but I looked into that on their website and could not find any indication that it would sync with a Blackberry over wifi.  Am I not understanding something

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

outlook.com is like GMail. both provide an email (pop and imap), an address book, a calendar, and for outlook.com everything can be synchronized with the cellular network or Wifi, through BIS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.