Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
icekanem
My Device: Not Specified

Can not See or Assess my MicroSD Card in BB9700 using my PC

Hi,

Since I bought my BB9700 over 6 months ago I have never been able to view the content of the memory card on it through my PC or Blackberry Desktop Application whenever I connect to it.

On Blackberry Desktop Software (6) the message is "Media card not available" and the instruction is that " you need to turn on  the mass storage mode from the Blackberry to use this feature". Yes I have turned it on but still doesn't show and whenever I connect the BB to the computer, it suppose to show as external memory, but this too isn't happening. I tried this same ptrocess with my friends BB9700, as soon as the phone was connect everything was fine. At the moment I can not see to transfer any picture or songs from my own BB memory card to my computer except By emailing them individually. Can some one pls assist, the stress it getting to much to manage. My BB9700 rtun OS5.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can not See or Assess my MicroSD Card in BB9700 using my PC

What else have you done to troubleshoot this?

Remove and replace the Media Card in it's slot, make SURE it is "clicked" in.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
icekanem

[ Edited ]

I have done that (remove card and put back) but still not responding. The card is 2G.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Have you tried a different memory card?
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kadzie
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

could be a  formatting issue - remove the card, insert it in your frends phone - it should give a notification that the memory card inserted is not correctly formatted  - agree to format and plae it back in your phone. worked for me i had a friend with the same issue - he was running OS5 and i running OS 6 - the minute i formatted the card from my phone and placed itback in his phone it worked liek a charm.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
icekanem

What an issue, tried that too it didn't work. Took the memory card inserted in another phone and it worked but when I got another working card into the BB9700 I couldn't see anything either through my laptop as a memory content or through Blackberry Desktop Application. It looks like I may have to install the entire OS. Will appreciate any more suggestions pls. Thank you.

Please use plain text.