Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
RishSha
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea
Accepted Solution

Can't access Hotspot Browser on Bold 9900

I recently purchased a Bold 9900 . Unlike my older 8520 , this phone doesnt have an option to chose between Hotspot browser and Internet Browser . I followed 'options>device>advanced system settings>browser push' and there is no icon for Browser . Then I did some R&D on net and found out that OS 7.0.0.261 does not have this feature . Instead it switches to Hotspot or Internet browser on its own depending upon which kind of service you are using ie be it Wi-fi or BIS . I just want to know that is this thing about OS 7.0.0.261 true or there is something wrong with my phone . And if something is wrong , what can I do to correct it ? Pease reply someone...........!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't access Hotspot Browser on Bold 9900

What you read is true.

Newer BlackBerry phones will choose the browser type for you based on how you're accessing the data.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello RishSha

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Your R&D is somewhat correct :smileyhappy:

On previous OS like OS5 and earlier you have the options to choose Hotspot Browser or Internet Browser , But on BlackBerry having OS 6 or  7  do not have the option to change the Default Browser .  The browser will automatically select  the type of connection is available . If you're connected to a wifi then your device browser will choose the wifi as prefered connection.

So nothing to worry about that :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RishSha
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea

Thanx

Please use plain text.