Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Galonchik
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Partner

Can't access email setup application or register my device

Hi,

I have been using Bold 9780 for a year now without a problem. Because I Changed my password for my email account (Gmail) yesterday, I needed to update it on my Bold also. But when I tried to access Email Account Management, I got a message "Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider". I did, and they told me that the only remedy would be to clean install the operating system. As I would like to avoid this, I searched the web a bit, and found the advice to setup my email account online. I tried this, but got an error message saying that my device was not registered, although I did register it a few minutes earlier (Houst Routing Table -> Register now). I re-registered, reboothed the device - same error.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks  

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't access email setup application or register my device

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you registered the HRT, what exactly happened? There should have been two things:

1) There should have been a popup message on your BB saying "Registration Message Sent" (or something very similar)

2) You should have received, to the Messages app on your BB, an Activation or Registration message.

If both of those did not occur, then the registration with your carrier network did not succeed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Galonchik

Thanks sdgardne,

This 2 things did happen: the popup showed and I received the confirmation message, but I still can not setup my mail account online or acces the email setup on my device :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No no no...the popup would have been that the registration message has been sent or queued by the carrier system. The next step is receipt, in your Messages app (not a popup), of the actual Activation or Registration message. From what you've said, only part 1 of what I said above actually worked, but part 2 did not.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Galonchik

Sorry, I was not clear enough. The popup showed saying that the registration was sent successfully, and a few seconds later I received a seprate message, in my message app, saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

Please use plain text.
szocske001
My Device: 9780 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have a Bold 9780, but unfortunately I can not configure the email settings. Need the activation password.Unfortunately, not first start came a message that contains the setting.I get that? already tried to wipe security when you arrive, but nothing happened. please segitsetek have four important.

Thank you for your help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Galonchik wrote:

Sorry, I was not clear enough. The popup showed saying that the registration was sent successfully, and a few seconds later I received a seprate message, in my message app, saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

OK...now that makes more sense. Sorry for being picky...but the only thing I can go on are your exact words...I have learned to assume nothing here...internet-distance support is challenging at best, and crystal clear communication is the only way to make it effective and efficient.''

So, now I the following steps:

1) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.
  • Given the issue you report, you may have to use one of the alternate methods for sending the SBs.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

After that, if you still cannot access the email setup app, then this KB might be useful:

• KB26055 Unable to access the Email Setup Application after a forced update

Sorry, I don't know what OS you are on, so I do not know if that exactly applies for you. Otherwise, if your carrier has one, you can try their BIS website from a PC/browser:

Or, from the BB Browser, try this site:

Otherwise, you may indeed have to do what your carrier advised you to do.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Galonchik

Thanks for helping.

Step 1 worked fine.

Step 2, not so good. I looked at the KB article, Method 1 did not work for me, of course. I wanted to try method 2, but I do not know thow to find the wireless service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site.

This might ba stupid, but can you tell me how I find it. It is around mignight here, and I can't call my provider.

Thank you very much. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Galonchik wrote:

Step 1 worked fine. 

Given what you next said, along with my mis-numbering of the steps in my prior post (sorry about that!), I'm not sure that what you say here is accurate...the goal of Step 1, in what I put above, was to Delete and Resend the Service Books, with the bullet points being methods to do each of those. So, I'm going to guess here that, by your "Step 1", you mean Deleting of the Service Books.

Galonchik wrote:

Step 2, not so good. I looked at the KB article, Method 1 did not work for me, of course. I wanted to try method 2, but I do not know thow to find the wireless service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site.

So, Step 2, in what you are saying, must be having to do with attempting to Send the Service Books (after the successful deletion of them from the device), with Method 2 being logging into your carriers BIS website from a PC/browser.

Galonchik wrote:

This might ba stupid, but can you tell me how I find it. It is around mignight here, and I can't call my provider.

Not stupid...you are just tired..I did give you a link, in the above post, that I know of that finds many carrier BIS sites...but I've no idea if yours is listed there nor do I even know if they have a BIS website at all.

But, now I notice that the click through for the "World Wide Carriers" is actually the wrong place to look! Oops...I'll have to figure out who, at BBFAQ, to tell about that... Anyway, I tried a bit of Googling but I cannot find Partners as a carrier (I honestly do not even know what country to be looking at...all I know is Europe, or maybe Israel?), so I probably don't know quite how to search for it. But, it would be part of your carriers website perhaps, but to find it might require you to ask them, which you can't given the late night.

All in all, you might be out of luck for the night...until you can reach them to find out how to either log into their BIS website so that you can send the Service Books yourself or have the CSR do that for you from their system.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...but my information is only a little less limited than yours.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Galonchik

Thanks for all your assitstance. It does not work. I have to do a clean install.

I really appreciate your effort and help here.

Cheers. 

Please use plain text.