Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Aarono
My Device: Bold 2

Can't change email signature on BB Bold2...

Ok, so I put a signature on my email settings last year, now I want to update it because job role has changed.  It does change but when I send a message, it reverts back to the old one...even though i saved my settings.  Help anyone please? 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't change email signature on BB Bold2...

What do you mean that is "does change but when I send a message, it reverts back"?

I don't know if you are a corporate BES account customer, or a personal BIS account user?
Are you changing the signature in your personal email set up area?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Aarono

I guess I'm a corporate BES user.  What I mean is, I change it, the handheld accepts the change, it looks correct on the settings screen but when i go to send a mail it contains the previously saved signature.  I've changed it on outlook and it works but it just doesn't work on the handheld

JSanders

Review this Knowledge Base article below.

KB02035How to add or change the auto signature feature

Are you using any of those methods to change the auto sig? If not, you should be.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Aarono

Thanks, I've tried from my handheld but to no avail.  We're running desk top manager 3.6 from a company perspective and this has none of the options mentioned on the list you provided. I think I'm probably going to have to take it to IT to tinker with and not see it again for a day!

JSanders

Aarono wrote:

Thanks, I've tried from my handheld but to no avail. 

Please, trying hard here to help... but that answer above tells me nothing helpful.

You tried, you have those settings and what.. you can save?

You don't have those settings?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Aarono

I know you are and I appreciate it. 

Ok, so regarding changing my signature from the desktop manager, the version i have installed on my PC, as dictated by the business, does not have any email option and so no option for me to access settings via this route.  I have accessed my email settings from the handheld "new message>options>email settings>auto signature - on>edit....

The new signature is applied, I hit save and it looks like it has worked.  So for example, original is "AARONO", I change it to "AaronO" and it looks like it's done.  I go to email someone and the signature remains AARONO, the changes have not been accepted.  If I go back in to change it again it shows the new version.

Does that help?

JSanders

Yes, that helps. I don't know why it's not using those settings after changed, saved, and still in the device settings when you look again.

I found this, KB25788 Auto-Signature will not update immediately after making changes on the handheld

I am going to ask a friend here to look at this, who has more experience on BES accounts.

Knowledge Base Updates
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you in an area of good coverage? Mine would not update until I was. It is also not instant as the above KB points out that JSanders posted. Mine at the office took a while, usually less than 20 min.

I am trying a change now of uppercase to see if it changes here.

It is possible that the BESAdmin had made the change on the server it self and the device setting will not change it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sorry for being late, busy day today.

I timed the change to be in affect for me in 4 to 5 minutes.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V