Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
joeflow
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Koodo

Can't charge 9790 on laptop

When I connect through USB port to recharge, I get a message on the blackberry that says something to the effect: "The device you are connected to is not capable of charging your battery."  I am able to charge by connecting directly to the 115 V AC plug but not via computer.   Can anyone suggest a fix for this?  Thanks for any help!    Joe

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Can't charge 9790 on laptop

Hey Joe,

I have the same phone but, if I plug into my desktop computer it will charge.  But in my car with USB plug I get the same message, "The device you are connected to is not capable of charging your battery."

I just plug directly to a AC outlet for charging...plus it faster than charging on a PC.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't charge 9790 on laptop

There really is no fix to this other than to charge your phone via a wall outlet. The wall outlet method of charging your phone has always been the preferred method of charging and should be the one you use.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.