Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 8220

Re: Can't delete or edit contacts on the phone

Hello

Hay cjfox ok going into the BB desk top was how I was able to clear my contacts thanks to lolsson for pointing that out.

but its under advanced and he is also right on the clean contacts but where he is using outlook I am using gmail.

"Then go to the DTM|Backup and Restore|Advanced.  Click on the "Address Book", and Shift+"Address Book - All" on the right.  Then select clear.  This will clear all of your contacts from the device.  Go to the Contacts on your BB and ensure that it is empty."

for sure this cleared my address book (excet the 3 that are somehow corrupted ones) But the rest where gone, then with google gmail I organized all my contacts and then google sync added them to my address book on the BB, this all works great.  Except for the 3 corrupted ones, I know when I go into advanced it clears them all and even shows NO contacts to deleat but then behold there they are.

lolsson thanks for all the help and advice!!!

I found a way to ignore the 3 bad ones in my contacts so I might just live with it.

BUT Hay If i go into the memory wipe will this clear what? the contacts and apps but not mess up the phone, like I will not have to re-ativate it right? like after I do this is could in theory make a call off the providors network?  I dont know much faith in this option either BUT i am willing to try it.  after all the advanced cleaner could not pull these contacts off so burn, dont let people send you contacts via messenger is what I learned and also the B support is bad and left to the people, even my provider was usless.  no suprise.

BUT THANKS

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

When I did the security wipe it only reset the core applications.  I didn't remove any third party add-ons (although you can select them), and as soon as it was done I could use the phone.  I also got rid of ALL my contacts, including the corrupt ones.  It's kind of scary to do the first time but I have now done it twice and it's quite easy.

New Contributor

I have security wiped my phone and this removes the corrupt contacts. Thanks for your help.

New Contributor

No problem, glad I could help.  I have an open case with BB on this issue but I have not had time to call back yet.  If they tell how to fix it I will definately post it here.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

I already try to send a contact with the same name (and I set my phone to not allowing duplicate names, hoping that the "undelete" contact can be change with the new one and I can delete it) but it doesn't work, the old one (the undeleted one) still can't move nor edited.

the solution like aforesaid posting is the best way : " Never Save .vcf that you received via BBM"

I just hoping that I can hear some comment from the authorised person in RIM about this matter and please do any action to solving this matter before this issue become big.

My Device: 9700 Smartphone

Sorry to take a bit of a segway here but was wondering if you fine folks could help me with a small issue...

As I was starting my phone up, I was entering my email contacts.  I first put in my main email account (a hotmail account) and then a gmail account which only a few people talk to me on....the phone then synchronised my contacts with the gmail one which is only about 6 contacts, I cannot for the life of me work out how to get it to synch up with my hotmail account instead.  Can anyone help me with that one?

My Device: 9700

Dear Lolson

Thank you so much for your post. It worked for me. The 1 contact forward i had accepted was beginning to annoy me to the core! thanks again.

Girish

Visitor
My Device: 8900

Hi..

It is now 2012 .. Im not sure whether BB tech team has a solution for this problem..

I accepted a Contact from a friend and opened it on my gmail contacts.. Which is automatically sync with my BB. Since then I can not EDIT or ADD ( but can DELETE ) addresses from my BB. If I want to ADD or EDIT, I have to go to GMAIl contacts AND DO THE CHANGE.. This is very annoying. 

I googeld for last 3-4 days and did everything what others advised to do in 3 forums, but never worked.. If anybody have a solution , P. Reply.

Thanks in advance

My Device: blackberry(R) 8520

I can't save phone numbers to my curve 2, every time I try to save a contact, the system freezes and says net rim bb phone app 57 is not responding; process terminated
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can you tell me how to do a security wipe to get rid of the 2 corrupt contacts on my Blackberry Curve.  I deleted all the contacts but the 2 corrupt ones didn't delete.