Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
howard_rti
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Can't get Blackberry OS 7 to recognize an email account as gmail (to use enhance gmail features)

My company recently signed up with Google to host our email.  So, now our email goes through the gmail.com (googlemail.com) servers instead of BES/Exchange. 

I've been able to add an new email account that connect to gmail.com via IMAP (to my Bold 9900), however the OS (or more accurately, the email program) doesn't recognize the account as a gmail account and thus let me use the gmail-specific features of labels, etc.  And thus doesn't organize folders based on labels.  So I don't see any folders except my "inbox" on the 9900.

Yes, in my gmail account, IMAP is enabled and all of the labels/folders are checked to be available in IMAP.

I think that the problem is that my email address for this gmail account does not end in "@gmail.com"...it is a company email address...but the server from which I get the email is "imap.googlemail.com" or "imap.gmail.com".

I have a personal gmail account (in which my email address does end in "@gmail.com") and also have added it to my phone.  And the OS does treat that account differently.  I see my folders/labels and have menu options to create new labels/folders, and file messages based on labels, etc...which means that the OS recognizes that account as a gmail account.

So the question is....is there a way to force the OS to treat my other account...that uses an imap.gmail.com server as a gmail account?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.