Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
MaxCavalera870
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Can't receive songs on my Blackberry 9700

Have 35 MB phone memory left (currently no memory cards) and I can't receive any song of any size below 35 MB. When I try to receive it using the "Receive using Bluetooth", it says something like "No memory left". Btw, the phones which are trying to send me are NOT blackberry phones, samsung mostly.

Can anyone explain me what I should be doing? And please no acronyms like BB or KB.

Contributor
MaxCavalera870

Re: Can't receive songs on my Blackberry 9700

bump
Contributor
MaxCavalera870

bump

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

To better help us to help you, please provide the exact and complete error message..."something like" makes it impossible to look up any resource information.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
MaxCavalera870

The message is "No memory left", and that's all.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Interesting...well, in the public KBs, I find nothing with that exact wording...you can check yourself:

Perhaps you will have better luck.

In the meantime:

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
MaxCavalera870

Actually no, the message is "File too large". The thing is, I have 30 MBs left on the phone memory, but it denies every bluetooth contact. I can't receive a god **bleep** song. Please help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

MaxCavalera870 wrote:

Actually no

"No" what? No you won't look up the error message for yourself? Or that there was nothing useful when you tried? Sorry, but I cannot tell from your words...

MaxCavalera870 wrote:

but it denies every bluetooth contact.

As in, it denies every BT connected device the ability to send a file to your BB? Or it denies the pairing? Again, I can't tell for sure from your words...

Have you tried sending, as a test, something small? A tiny text file, for instance? It may perhaps be that the BB "protects" itself when free memory becomes low...I know it does so for AppMemory, but I am not as sure if it does so for Device Memory. Perhaps these will have something useful:

• KB02843What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14320How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14213Call logs, SMS text messages, and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
MaxCavalera870

The no meant it isn't saying "No memory left" like I previously mentioned, it says "File too large". And it certainly isn't the Low Memory Manager thing, as I have 38 MBs on the phone memory left. Also, when I try to connect to another phone, ie. Nokia, it says something like Connection confirmed - then 0.1 seconds after Connection terminated, as if it denies me to have any bluetooth connection whatsoever with any other phone. Not sure what was the right message, maybe it doesn't say Connection, maybe some other words, can't check now.

And please, don't use acronyms like BB and KB, because that way I can't understand **bleep**,
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

From that description, I now even more confused about your situation. You say it cannot maintain a stable pairing to another device, which would be a prerequisite to even initiating the file transfer, which would have to be initiated in order for that error message to appear. So, if (as you say) the pairing cannot be maintained, then the file transfer cannot even start, and hence the error message cannot present. So I am confused as to what exactly is happening.

Can you please provide the in-order step-by-step, including on which device each command is executed, that leads up to this error message? Exactness and completeness are critical to my understanding your situation...telling me "it says something like" is honestly not useful as it makes me guess, and I fear that I will tend to guess wrongly.

As for acronyms...KB = Knowledge Base, the various articles I've been linking for your review (notice that they all start with "KB" and then a number). BB = BlackBerry.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates