Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: o2

Can't seem to sync my email address. Getting the message 'the server is not responding, please contact your system administrator'

[ Edited ]

My blackberry email has always worked fine, then a couple of weeks ago it came up with a black screen with a red battery with a line through it. I thought the battery was dead but after charging it for a few hours and plugging it into my computer I got my phone back to life.

Then I realised all my contacts, text messages and emails had disapeared. So I reset my blackberry using the desktop software to a date a couple of days before hoping this would work. - It did get all my phone contacts and messages back but email just doesn't seem to want to set up

When I try and syncronise I am recieveing the message 'The server is not responding, please contact your system administrator'

Help! I have tried sending the service books and no luck. Also like to note that it is a hotmail account I'm trying to set up!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Can't seem to sync my email address. Getting the message 'the server is not responding, please contact your system administrator'

I encountered this problem before. Try to hard reboot your device and sync another e-mail, like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Let's see if it's successfully synced. If that worked, then the problem is with your hotmail account. If the above solution didn't work, maybe you're not subscribe to BIS.