Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
yabbadabba

Can't send from gmail account - any ideas.

I have set up my gmail account and can receive emails without a problem, I just can't send anything. I go through the send process, and even see a small icon flash in the top right of the screen once I have pressed sent but nothing ever goes anywhere ! I have full GPS signal and wireless network available.

Nothing ever appears in the sent items box either.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear

Re: Can't send from gmail account - any ideas.

Hi yabbadabba,

What appears in your Messages list next to the email you attempt to send? Is there a red X and if so what does it say at the top for (Message Status)?

You may also want to try resending your service books as shown here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rick42
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem as the poster above. I can send and receive email from my Yahoo account, and can receive email from my Gmail account on my BlackBerry. But I can't send anything with the Gmail account. After I select "Send", the icon next to the message line is a small red-lined square, with what looks like clock hands inside (reading 3:00). Nothing ever happens and I can't "resend" that message since the selection is not available. I have downloaded service books as described in KB15402, but that didn't solve the problem. I have also done a battery pull, also no help. Any ideas, and thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Rick42 wrote:

I have the same problem as the poster above. I can send and receive email from my Yahoo account, and can receive email from my Gmail account on my BlackBerry. But I can't send anything with the Gmail account. After I select "Send", the icon next to the message line is a small red-lined square, with what looks like clock hands inside (reading 3:00). Nothing ever happens and I can't "resend" that message since the selection is not available. I have downloaded service books as described in KB15402, but that didn't solve the problem. I have also done a battery pull, also no help. Any ideas, and thanks in advance for your help.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rick42
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you very much for the detailed advice and steps. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I went through the steps in order and then repeated the whole process twice more. Eventually I diabled both my Yahoo account and my Gmail account. Each time the Yahoo account came back working just fine, but the Gmail account can only receive and not send messages.

My next step will be to get on the phone with Verizon. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmccurdy
My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same issue. 

I've had 2 gmail accounts sync'd up to my work Blackberry for over 2 years and this is the first time I've had a problem.  Nothing new has been uploaded to my Blackberry as far as I'm aware.

About 4 days ago I noticed that I can't send or save gmail from my added email accounts on my Blackberry.

I can receive emails and open and read them.  I can hit reply and type out a message but when I click SEND it does nothing.  Just stays exactly where it is.  It does not refresh the page.  I've also tried saving the message, so I don't have to retype it, but saving also has the same effect ... nada. 

I've tried to disconnect my gmail accounts and re-establich them but it's still the same thing.

It is not the network or wifi connections as I can receive and send email from my work inbox/desktop within the Blackberry.  It's just the gmail mail.

I haven't tried rebooting as I've done this before and lost everything so it'll be the last resort.   Hopefully someone will have a solution. 

Jackie

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jmccurdy wrote:

I'm having the same issue. 

In which case, the proper steps are already posted above. But...

jmccurdy wrote:

I haven't tried rebooting as I've done this before and lost everything so it'll be the last resort.

Given that, I fear that your BlackBerry has much deeper problems indeed...for a reboot should never result in what you describe. I do hope you are practicing good backup processes...if you need instructions on that, see the link in my auto-sig on this post. Given this symptom, I fear that you need to completely wipe your BB, reload your OS clean, and start completely over.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmccurdy
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks SD ...

I did end up rebooting and that has fixed the issue.   Happily I did not lose everything this time.

I know what you mean about having bigger problems but sometimes you only got enough time in the day to just getting through the status quo and not enough time to rock the boat.  Its only when the impact outweighs the potential loss that the risk is worth it.

Today it was worth it and luckily it worked in my favour.

J

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm happy you were lucky this time...and that you recognize that to be the fact. I wish you continued good luck! (But I also hope you are practicing good backup procedures...luck never lasts forever, especially with technology!)

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.