Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

Can't setup browsing with Petro Canada need HELP PLEASE!

Hi guys

I hope you can help me as this is driving me nuts...
I got a blackberry bold 9700, unlocked, was on Rogers before. I had a Mobilicity plan, everything unlimited, and had to drop it as Mobilicity need a different type of BB. Now I bought the Petro Canada sim card and monthly plan with unlimited browsing and I CANT access the mobile network browsing despite having it in the plan. PT is very unhelpful because I didn't buy one of their phone.

This is what I've got to setup to try to make it work:

Homepage http://wap:8582/start.wml 
Connection security: Off
Active Bearer: GPRS
Connection type: GPRS Attach on Demand
Authentication Type: Normal
Access Point Name: goam.com
User Name: wapuser1
Password: wap
Login Type: Automatic
Primary Proxy Server Setting 10.128.1.69
Primary Proxy Server Port: 80

Problem is I have upgraded the software and in new 6 OS I can only find TCP IP where I can only enter APN, user and password. I do not know how to enter the homepage, proxy etc. to force my BB to connect on internet through PT network.

I would REALLY need your help guys with a step by step procedure this is driving me crazy and I am wasting time and money please

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

Re: Can't setup browsing with Petro Canada need HELP PLEASE!

Ok add-on to my post...I was only able to make the internet connection work by using Opera as a thrid party browser. It's a silly question but I therefore assume I won't be able to use any apps, gps etc. without Wifi mode if I use Opera as as a third party - or is there a way to force the apps to work through this? Thanks!

My Device: Bold 9780

just wondering how you got the browser to work i am having the same problem..

My Device: 9700

My 9700 can not get the data service from Petro-Canada Mobility. Can you please tell how you setup BB?

Thanks