Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
stevenewonder
My Device: bold 9000

Can't switch on Bold 9000 + not charging

I have Bold 9000 on O2, but since yesterday I have not been able to turn it on. When powered up via usb and PC or direct from mains, all i het is the red message light showing all the time and nothing else ..but sometimes it goes out and on screen is a picture of a battery with a blue zig zag flash running through it. This is a bit random, but seems to alternate between either redlight or battery outline.

Plugging Bold into PC and running blackberry desktop manager does not do anything - the desktop manager does not recognise that a device has been plugged in (hence does not show PIN).

Has the battery suddenly and completely died? (There were no signs of this happening before - no performance issues etc) ... or is it something far more serious?

All help gratefully sought. Bold is about 14 months old

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenewonder

Re: Can't switch on Bold 9000 + not charging

I have also pulled out the battery several times, cleaned connections, removed SIM etc etc.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB wall charger cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spacedust
My Device: Bold 9000

I got the same. Mine is also from O2 :/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenewonder

For some unkown reason, I was trying to take your advice, but also had put my sim card in an old phone so i could still receive calls, and left the bold to charge .... when i came back after about 4 hours, it was working! (I just had to replace the sim and it re-booted).

So thanks for your help - but it worked before we even removed asnd replaced the battery. I had left it oin charge for some time before i made the original post - weird!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenewonder

All I can suggest you do is leave it charged at the mains for ages - maybe overnight (not via a usb and PC)

Might even be worth doing this with the sim card removed.

When mine was working again, it told me that there was no sim card - and when i replaced it and refitted the battery, at first it looked like the old problem was back - blank screen and red message light on, but after about 45 secs, the proper re-boiot occured - white screen and the timer going round - it lasted for ages (maybe a minute or two) and then re-booted fine - just had to reset date and time

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hi,

You dont specify, so Im going to say this anyway...

When you are trying to charge the Handset via the USB port, ensure that the Blackberry software is installed on the PC.

It changes the charge coming form the USB port to 500mA so the device will charge correctly.

Otherwise you will be waiting for a LONG while for it to charge, if at all...

And Dont use USB hubs.

OR extension cables.

Hope that helps!

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
Svarsgaard
My Device: Storm 9500, Bold 9700, Bold 9000

:smileyvery-happy:

hey!!! you're my savior!!! you give a real wonder!!!!

it **bleep** work!

- remove your sim card + mem card

- charge it with wall plug till the LED turn green,

- turn it on with no sim and mem,

- turn it off

-insert sim and mem card

- turn it on

- leave it aroung 5 minutes...

- reset the timer...

thanks zillion mate... you just safe me day!!!  am soooooo happy!! yeeeeeeeeeehhha!!

.: Hidup ni sekali lalu je boy! -pesan bapak gua :.
Please use plain text.
Svarsgaard
My Device: Storm 9500, Bold 9700, Bold 9000

thanks steviewonder!!:smileyvery-happy:

.: Hidup ni sekali lalu je boy! -pesan bapak gua :.
Please use plain text.
paraphernalia3
My Device: Bold 9000

i cas my bb last night sebab battery out in about 4.00 am. then, when i check my inbox in about 8.00 am, my bb suddenly off.. when i replaced the battery, nothing happen. then i follow ur suggestion step which remove the simcard and memory card, then i replaced the battery. the red light notification blinked for about 4 times n after that nothing happen.... then what should i do!~ i'm using Bold 9000... im so hoping that someone can halp me with suggestion idea to help me make my bb work again... got many thing to do with it..
Please use plain text.