Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mfsornes
My Device: Not Specified

Can't use BB Bold 9000 as USB Folder

I have a Bold 9000 and I can't connect it to the computer to use it as USB Folder...When I connect the BB via USB, it does not prompt to use it as USB folder.

I installed the Desktop Manager and it recognizes the BB via USB, but cannot access it as a Folder.

In Options> Memory Menu I have the following:
Media Support Card : ON
Encryption Mode: None
Mass Storage Mode: ON
Enable Mass Storage when connected: Prompt ( I also tried ON)

I have Windows Vista SP1 32-bit in my computer.

I tried downloading the USB Drivers again, but it did not work...

Any thoughts??

Thanks!!

MF
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Can't use BB Bold 9000 as USB Folder

You can only access the media card (if it is installed) as a usb drive, not your phone's in-built memory. To access that you will have to use the Media Manager in Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer files.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mfsornes

Thanks Kijana,

Can't I use it as a Pen Drive and access it through the Windows Explorer of my Computer? I have read of many users who can do it..

By the way, the Media Manager is so heavy that it slows my computer dramatically. It consumes almost all the resources. That is one of the reasons I want to access it as a Pen Drive to manage the files.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

I know, I don't like the media manager either, but it is the only way to transfer files to and from the phone's internal memory. I would suggest getting a media card because it will prevent you from running low on memory in the internal drive (which causes sluggishness and crashing of the phone). The pen drive situation only works with a media card!
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mfsornes

I have a 1GB Media card installed.... From the Media Manager I can see both (internal and card memories).
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

What you can do is move files to the media card from the internal memory, then hookup to the pc and transfer from there to the computer and vise versa to get files from the computer to the internal memory.
Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Sorry, Kijana, but you are wrong. I do not have a media card installed in my Bold, and I can access the internal (1GB) memory as a drive on my Windows PC. I am using DM 5.0 and Vista 64, but I am sure that isn't relevant.

I have read of people who have problems with this, so I am not denying the OP's issue. Just that what they seemingly expect to do can be done.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

It would seem that I was wrong...thanks for the info er2joe. I didn't realize the Bold had this capability (I use a simple curve :smileywink:)

This post on the forums may be useful: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

Take a read through it to see if it the guide by Xandrex works out for you!

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.