Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kishorew
My Device: 9700

Cannot add a contact

Hi, i'm using a blackberry torch and my provider is China Mobile. My wife uses a blackberry bold 9700 and she is in Indonesia and her provider is Indosat. Since the past few days i've not been able to send her any messages on bbm so i deleted her and when i tried to re-add her it only shows pending authorization. When i send her any PIN message it doesn't go thru and says service blocked however she can send me PIN messages. I've asked my friend in China to add her but they are also facing the same problem i do. 

I don't know what to do as it is very annoying this problem has happened. We have never faced such problems before hence please advise me what to do. Just for your info her PIN is 2190FC0C. 

By the way, she is able to receive bbm from everywhere except from China and i'm able to send my other friends bbm in Indonesia only to her i can't send. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot add a contact

You need to call China Mobile technical support and have them escalate the call to RIM level tech support.

Or she can do so through Indosat. But what you need is RIM level tech support, which only the mobile provider can obtain for you under warranty.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
kishorew

Hi, thanks for your reply. Honestly if i tell China mobile or Indosat to contact RIM they will take ages to check and reply me. Is there any way where I can get help from RIM directly?

JSanders

http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.jsp#tab_tab_internet

BlackBerry Incident Based Support for Smartphone Users – $49 USD

BlackBerry® smartphone users can receive support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any issues relating to BlackBerry® Internet Service, smartphone functionality and approved smartphone applications at a cost of $49 USD per incident.

Purchase a support incident by calling (877) 255-2377 (toll free) or (519) 888-6181. Upon entering the telephone menu, select option 2 for technical support, then wait on the line until you hear the Incident Based Support introduction.

What's needed to receive BlackBerry Incident Based support?

To receive BlackBerry Incident Based Support, be prepared to provide the following:

• Full mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Credit card information
  • The name of your wireless service provider and BlackBerry smartphone PIN (To find your PIN, click Options on your smartphone Home screen, then click Status)

Note: BlackBerry Incident Based Support issues will be handled on a case by case basis. If Research In Motion (RIM) discovers your technical issue is a RIM software or hardware issue, where RIM is at fault, as determined by RIM, RIM may, at its sole discretion, provide you with a credit.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
kishorew

I have to pay to get my problem solved? Seems RIM is just interested in making money off their clients rather than supporting them. 

JSanders

No, lol, you don't have to pay. You can go through the proper China Mobile or Indosat for free. But you asked for another option.

So there it is.

Knowledge Base Updates