Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
amandaind
My Device: onyx 9700
My Carrier: tsel

Cannot add yahoo mail to blackberry (error mesage: 'invalid email address or password')

Hi,

I've just changed my yahoo mail password, then not long after that, I can't access my yahoo mail on blackberry. I'm 100% sure I have typed the correct combination of e-mail address & password in blackberry e-mail setup, but still didn't work. So now, I can only access my yahoo mail through PC.

Please inform me what to do.

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot add yahoo mail to blackberry (error mesage: 'invalid email address or password')

[ Edited ]

It might seem like a simple answer but go back and change your password once again before trying it on your phone.

You might not be hitting 'alt' when you should be or it could be one of many more reasons.

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know and we can get into re-sending service books and re-registering your device, etc.  Hopefully my simple solution will do the trick for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
lilynguy
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot add yahoo mail to blackberry (error mesage: 'invalid email address or password')

I am also facing this problem.  I have tried to reset the password over 4 times and it still provides an error.  Please help!

Lily

Please use plain text.
lsr4rog
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Cannot add yahoo mail to blackberry (error message: 'invalid email address or password')

This is happening on my phone also.   After several failed attempts to reset my password, I deleted email from my phone and started over.  I can put my sim card back in my old bb curve and my yahoo works fine but not in my new bold.  Please help!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
rendut
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: indosat

me too... i cant login my yahoo account on my device 9700.. i try to on other device curve.. have same problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deepakkhatri
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I was also facing the same issue, but entering complete email address into login field solved my issue, you can try this, e.g. Example@yahoo.co.uk
Please use plain text.